Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent headset for use with Skype

Options
  • 19-05-2005 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get a half decent headset (no more than say 40-50 euro's) that'll work well with skype. The one I have (some crap I picked up in game a good while back) has microphone probs ie. it's crap. Anyone any suggestions ? Something that I could may be pick up in dixons, pc world or the like.

Cheers,
    TC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

i got one in humpy harvey normans a while ago.... very similar to this one http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/IE/EN,CRID=2272,CONTENTID=7511

it was about 40quid and is pretty good quality for voipy type stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

I've tried a few of the Plantronics headsets and IMHO the best one is the Audio 50 (it's the one with only 1 earpiece). I got it in PC World for €29.99.

BH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I'm using the Plantronics Audio 45 USB. I need a USB headset as I use the speakers to play music. I'm now on my third headset in two months, the mic broke in the previous two. All covered by warranty but annoying all the same. Other than that, the sound quality is spot on. If you don't need a USB headset, you shouldn't need to pay more than €15-20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

I got a phone from ebay, is from http://www.myfreeip.com/ is very handy, you can use the handset to dial the number.

Very good quality sound with that phone.

I have an account with about €9, Let me know if you are interested and I can sell it to you for about €7 ono.

Let me know if you are interested, send me a PM

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Thanks lads. I'll pop up to pc world in blanch and take a look. Would prefer one with just one ear piece too, Audio 50 sounds about right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement