Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff to do in Dun Laoirigh

Options
  • 19-05-2005 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Yo...
    Trying to think of something me and the lady can do in Dun Laoirigh this evening...other than go to the pub. Any suggestions? Doesnt have to be in Dun Laoirigh, can also be in surrounding area.
    Thanks !1!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Lots to do apparently in Dun Laoighaire - why not look up http://www.dun-laoghaire.com/Walk the pier - walk to the forty foot - cinema....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Since it's a lovely mild eveining I suggest a walk along the pier followed by a Teddy's ice cream (if it's open, it probably isn't actually).

Or, walk the boardwalk down to the forty foot and into Dalkey from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Some nights there are the crazy waves. I can think of nothing better to do then spend the Day or evenings just sitting by the sea. Its also very romantic. So bring the lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Everyone is saying it, but yes a walk along the pier with a young lady and a rest at the end in the spot out by the sea on a nice evening is great. you can then head back for the ice cream at Teddy's or go to a restaurant or for a drink or whatever. First though, do that walk on the pier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

walk to the very end of the pier and walk back up along the rocks, take a few breaks, sitting down watching the boats or practicing making babies, whatever. its fairly secluded there so not many will see, and the chances are that the people that will see will be doing the exact same thing... ;D not that i'd know of course...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

rugbug86 wrote:
    walk to the very end of the pier and walk back up along the rocks, take a few breaks, sitting down watching the boats or practicing making babies, whatever. its fairly secluded there so not many will see, and the chances are that the people that will see will be doing the exact same thing... ;D not that i'd know of course...

Is that a rat in your pocket? ... not a very hygenic place to rock the casbah.

Also a walk to Dalkey is great. ( and many more nooks and crannies to "explore" rugbug)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What's the big deal about Teddy's? I mean, it seems to have a reputation as having the best ice cream ever, but it tastes exactly the same as everywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

toscanas is an excellent place to eat also if you around that area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Teddys is Teddys. 'Nuff said.

If its nice weather do what my friends and I do instead of going to school - go down to the grass beside the pavilion and lie down and take in some rays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I miss Teddy's. I always got free ice-cream there.

GTIs for food. The party platter is the best thing ever! Potatoes, nachos, salad, paninis and other things in a big bowl. My friend and I tried to eat the whole thing ourselves. So filling but good! About €20 and can feed like 3-4 people. The smoothies there are fantastic too, especially the peach one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

yeah gti's rocks!
    chocolate cake there is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

formatman wrote:
    toscanas is an excellent place to eat also if you around that area

seconded

40ft bar is nice too. you could always go to the theatre if theres anything good on too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Itsabagel and all those restaurants there by the Pavillion Theatre. Mmmmmmm..... food. I miss Dun Laoghaire. Or you can go shopping, but not on Sunday. Nothing is open then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

just walk the pier,go to imc cinema or even watch the hss coming to a halt.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

drdre wrote:
    just walk the pier,go to imc cinema or even watch the hss coming to a halt.:D
    hss is cool coming in, just make sure ya dont get splashed by the waves!

Advertisement