Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolution Conspiracy Theories...

Options
  • 19-05-2005 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭

Been reading a lot of interesting theories on the net regarding the "Game" Nintendo are playing with the media and us, the gamers...

It's creating quite a buzz and if it's deliberate on Nintys side then it's a masterstroke of marketing...people are speculating so much about Revolution (everything from "the fake video on ign isn't really fake" to "It's being shown properly today - the 19th") that it seems that the PS3 and 360 are being forgotton about....

What do you think guys? Was Reggie and the president guy a big too smug looking at the press conference?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He wasn't smug looking. He was just taking names.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

From Nintendos conference: http://img290.echo.cx/img290/5148/bscap0009zr.jpg

19/05/05 (Today) at 10:00a.m. About 6pm our time I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    He wasn't smug looking. He was just taking names.
    Yeah, that mad hooer Reggie is taking a lot of names alright - he took mine visiting the Nintendo.com site before the press conference...then there was that talk of "getting things ready for thursday"....

Think I need Scooby-doo to help me here!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

It will be a crushing blow to nintendo's fanbase if this leads to naught. Please keep some objectivity over the next six hours. Surprise is better than dissappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Have to admit that yeah, I'd be the first one to jump with joy if even ONE of the theories are true but I already know theat Revolution is for me - Ninty have never let me down before and I still want to thank them daily for Resi4, Mario64, every Mario-Kart, every F-Zero....the list is endless.

If that's it then I'll still be happy with their E3 presence. It's the best looking of all three consoles too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Ciaran500 wrote:
    From Nintendos conference: http://img290.echo.cx/img290/5148/bscap0009zr.jpg

19/05/05 (Today) at 10:00a.m. About 6pm our time I think.

man you should see the confernce. it looks amazng!!!! im definitely gettin nintendogs. i love dogs and this is brilliant. they can even "mount" each other as was accidently demonstrated at the conference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah, Reggie's The Man. What was his tagline again? "I'm Reggie and I'm about takin' names and playin' games," was that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

heres a theory for ya

There has been no sign of controllers for the revolution, what if we already have them?

What if the DS is the controller for the revolution?

that would be interesting now wouldnt it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

madrab wrote:
    heres a theory for ya

There has been no sign of controllers for the revolution, what if we already have them?

What if the DS is the controller for the revolution?

that would be interesting now wouldnt it?

yes, it would... but horribly and cripilingly expensive. They'd have to give the console away with every DS to even try and convince people into buying into it. I do suspect that the controller will feature some kind of low-quality touch screen though, but that's all guess work.
    It's true though, Nintendo seem to have finally mastered marketing, better than MS and, dare I say, Sony. But if this is all a let down, god help the bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

If they dont have anything with all this speculation they are rightly fooked, and because of this they might have to show something they were'nt going to show at E3. me crosses fingers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

flogen wrote:
    Nintendo seem to have finally mastered marketing, better than MS and, dare I say, Sony. But if this is all a let down, god help the bastards

Good joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Yeah, Reggie's The Man. What was his tagline again? "I'm Reggie and I'm about takin' names and playin' games," was that it?
    "I'm about kicking ass, taking names, and we're about playing games"

Check out the Reggiglution

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Don't much like the looks of this tbh..

ss_preview_rev_flaps.jpg
    (eurogamer)

GameCube controlers and memory cards? And on the top/side of the thing too - not very convienient.

Anyone know if they've confirmed wireless controls as standerd? I'd hate to think the reason they haven't shown them is simply because they're still using the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

They have said it'll be backwards compatable with the game cube. My bet is that it takes gamecube controllers for the gamecube games, and memory cards so you can use all your old saved games.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

So from that pic I take it the Revolution is so extraorinarily fantastically revolutionary that you need GC controllers to play the back catalogue because the new controller will be so mind blowingly unreally superly different to anything we've ever imagined in our wildest craziest dreams.

Because my initial reaction that either Nindendo have made mini-cock-up here or this is photoshopped, must be wrong...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Goodshape wrote:
    Anyone know if they've confirmed wireless controls as standerd? I'd hate to think the reason they haven't shown them is simply because they're still using the old ones.

They're currently making a big deal about them going to be something diffrent. They have confirmed wireless out of the box at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

looks very photoshopped the bluryness around the edges of the flap

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh all the excuses people are making up for what was a ****ing disgrace of a conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If there is a genuinely good surprise then it is a masterstroke of marketing on Nintendos behalf...if on the other hand, there is no surprise, Id say ALOT of people will be pretty pissed at Nintendo and this 'marketing' will serve as a negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I havent read anything about this, but have I got this straight, do people expect the Revolution Nintendo showed not to be the "real" next gen console from Nitendo or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It's "real" in that this is the box they (ninty) had in their hands at the conference, but they said it wasn't the final design so there is still room for speculation.

And we all love to speculate.

Advertisement