Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from UTV to BT?

• 19-05-2005 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all, I was wondering has anyone moved from UTV to BT recently, if so what was the process like? I plan to cancel UTV at the end of the month then apply for BT (on the same day) and was wondering if there are any "GOTCHAS" I should be aware of?

I work from home a couple of days a week so prefer not to have any downtime (if possible) when switching ISP's

Thanks
    Flop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think you need to get a cancellation number from UTV when you cancel as BT will need to know this when they request a bitstream transfer from Eircom. That should help speed up the transfer. However, you'll still be talking about 15 days for the new connection with BT though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jor el wrote:
    I think you need to get a cancellation number from UTV when you cancel as BT will need to know this when they request a bitstream transfer from Eircom. That should help speed up the transfer. However, you'll still be talking about 15 days for the new connection with BT though.

I thought a bitstream transfer could be done on the same day from previous postings here no?

Advertisement