Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucas is going to be annoyed...

• 19-05-2005 1:12pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

sw3am.pngsith18yn.jpg

Episode 3 pirated. I hear its been around on P2P for a while but nothing definate till now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

whats with all the gay camera markings at the top ?
    dont you think you could have got a decent copy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

What kind of lameo would rather watch it on some pirated version than just pay the 5 bucks or whatever it costs to see it in the cinema.

I don't care how big your TV is, or how many speakers you have in your setup - you're not a cinema.

In the showing today, there was a tiny bit of fluff in the projector for the "Dolby Digital" clip. People started going berserk, and the fluff got blown out. I can't imagine how distracting those control markers must be, throughout the entire movie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Those jpegs make it look better then it is as well. Its a workprint hence the counters. Not sure when im going to get to see it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

fairly late workprint seeing as how it contains the special effects ;)

have to go to the cinema for a film like this. if you want to see it properly that is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Star wars sux ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

In the showing today, there was a tiny bit of fluff in the projector for the "Dolby Digital" clip. People started going berserk, and the fluff got blown out. I can't imagine how distracting those control markers must be, throughout the entire movie.

Stupid fanboys.

You'd forget about the markings after a while. It's like the bugs in the top corners of TV shows, your brain eventually filters out whatever's constant between frames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

What kind of lameo would rather watch it on some pirated version than just pay the 5 bucks or whatever it costs to see it in the cinema.
    5 bucks! Youd be lucky to find a cinema that only costs 5 quid. Its at least 8 euro+ these days. Talk about a rip off.

I can see myself downloading this film in the end but I have to see it in the cinema first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I notice how the fanboys are suddenly cursing piracy on this thread when - funnily enough - they'd be among the first to watch pirated copies of other films, given their generally...er...technologically-inclined minds.

GaRtH_V wrote:
    5 bucks! Youd be lucky to find a cinema that only costs 5 quid. Its at least 8 euro+ these days. Talk about a rip off.
    I've only paid for one film in the last year - Star Wars this morning, and that cost EUR4.50. The rest of the time, I use my Unlimited card. I guess the 4.50 is just a morning thing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah, you can expect to pay over a tenner if you're seeing it in the evening.

• Advertisement

theiving bastards... Visit to the cinema can cast €30+ between popcorn, drink and tickets for 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ObeyGiant wrote:

ye think thats bad? I was in the states when episode 1 was released. Was in the cinema watching it happy out, comes to the final fight scene in the palace. next thing a small brown spot appears in the center of the screen and started to get wider and wider till the whole screen was covered. basically the lamp overheated and burnt through the celluloid. had to wait 10 mins before they got a replacement going. now that was annoying. got money back though.

Ahh its ok best thing to do with eps 1 is burn it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

ObeyGiant wrote:
    I've only paid for one film in the last year - Star Wars this morning, and that cost EUR4.50. The rest of the time, I use my Unlimited card. I guess the 4.50 is just a morning thing though.

Uh, you didn't take the day off to see Episode 3 did you?

Now would be one of the one times you should feel proud saying you are unemployed.

I did. 9am showing this morning. Worth it, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

ObeyGiant wrote:

I don't care how big your TV is, or how many speakers you have in your setup - you're not a cinema.

im not a cinema but the auld digital projector , surround sound, fat sofa and a couple of tinnies will do the job nicely, thanks.
    NoelRock wrote:
    I notice how the fanboys are suddenly cursing piracy on this thread when - funnily enough - they'd be among the first to watch pirated copies of other films, given their generally...er...technologically-inclined minds.

I have to agree, of course when you dont believe in the concept of 'intellectual property' it makes downloading pirated copies alot less of a moral burdon.

with all my talk I'm still going to go watch it in the cinema.
    why......
    Because its STAR WARS FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

This version has been out a while now and is about 1.5gb to DL. Bar the time markings the picture and sound are 100% perfect.

There is also a unmarked version doing the rounds if you know where to look :D And no pms asking where as Im not telling :p

While some movies can be enjoyed just as well on a big TV and 7.1 sound setup, a movie like this does deserve to be seen on the big screen at least once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

ObeyGiant wrote:

Yeah Earlybird rates in UGC. €4.50 before 1pm.
    Meant I went to the cinema almost every Friday after college this year.
    Student rate is €6 anyway so that's not exactly extortionate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,060 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah well I knew it would appear on the internet within hours of its release, but Movies like this and the lord of the rings trilogy have to be watched in the cinema! I saw the first one in a Cinema in 77 and went to see this one last night at the 12:20 show in Ster Century with all of the other fan boys!!!! Cool movie ties up all the lose ends and I almost stuck on A new hope when I got home at 3am but had work at 8! Won't be downloading it will wait for the DVD around November/December

Snake ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ObeyGiant wrote:

The audio cut off for about 2mins at my showing (UGC 19/5 10:15) and at such a important moment too
    during the (re)construction of vader and birth of the twins/death of padme...audio kicked in justr in time for NooooooooooooooH :rolleyes:
    everyone just started hummong the tune which was cringe inducing but funny anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement