Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with DSL on new PC

• 19-05-2005 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Apologies for the basic question to follow!

My new PC was finally delivered last night. So, spent much of the evening transferring files accross from old PC.

Have found driver discs for printer/scanner etc but missing disc for DSL Modem (prestige 630 from U TV Clicksilver). Downloaded the drivers from the Zyxel site but cant get the PC to recognise it as such. I just get a "Dynomite DSL modem found" on my new hardware wizard. Then when I try to point to the driver file as downloaded, it gets me nowhere.

Help?

Pete

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

whats the last 3 letters of the drive file , it might be a compressed zip file .zip or .exe hwich needs to be extracted first and then you point the wizard to the extraction location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Thanks formatman,

Its a Zip file alright, but I have unzipped it into its various bits. Have turned house upside down looking for this stupid disc. Must become organised!

Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

is there an installation file within the folder of unzipped files , some hardware requires you to install the software ,( which installs to the windows system32 dir etc and shut down the PC , plug in the hardware, restart and then windows picks it up automatically , if your still still stuck I'll look up the installation routine later for this hardware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Will check that as soon as Im home and at the PC again. I couldnt find an installation file when it was unzipped but maybe I just missed it.

Continuing thanks for the help!

Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

If u have ethernet ,u shouldnt need any drivers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

j4vier wrote:

USB only on that modem, no ethernet :mad:

Pete,
    You'll need the disk to install that modem. You have to install the software first before you connect the modem to the PC.
    The connection software aswell as the drivers are on the CD. The software is the only way to configure the modem as there is no other way to access the settings on the modem itself. I have the disk here. If your still in bother I'll dig it out and see if I can e-mail the contents to you.

HTH
    Kevin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Pete Reed wrote:
    just get a "Dynomite DSL modem found" on my new hardware wizard. Then when I try to point to the driver file as downloaded, it gets me nowhere.

Hey Pete.
    The solution is simple so i would'nt worry.

When you get that error its because you used the Hardware Wizard to install the modem. This is the incorrect procedure to install the P630.

Firstly uninstall the modem that you installed.
    Secondly REMOVE the USB cable.
    Then run the setup.exe in the drivers folder.
    This will tell you to connect the usb modem.
    It will pick it up and install it correctly.

The problem is the windows hardware wizard believes your Zyxel branded modem is a Dynamite modem. Let me know if u have any issues but i guess you wont. Also the drivers for it and the setup.exe are Here

j4vier wrote:

This is a typical example of stupidity.
    The modem is a P630 and is usb only.
    You dont help by adding this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Originally Posted by j4vier

This is a typical example of stupidity.
    The modem is a P630 and is usb only.
    You dont help by adding this.

Obviously i didnt know that i t was only usb and thats why i said if u have ethernet.Simply because i have a zyxel 623 and i thought it could be the same.
    Maybe next time u can keep your comments for yourself.
    That will help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Evidently i overlooked the "if".
    So my apologies there.

Although it still would not have changed my response.
    Mind you i did solve his problem. :)

Advertisement