Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Naked Galwegian

• 19-05-2005 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Just got sent this link.

www.nakedgalway.tk

Satirical newspaper from the west.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

that was great cant see anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

petes wrote:
    that was great cant see anything

Jesus that sounds serious. I know the number of a good optician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

funny stuff

Grim realisation halts Cuba clubbers in their tracks

Revellers in Cuba last Wednesday where stunned by an event that was described by witnesses as 'profound'. At a quarter past twelve, with drink taken and the party in full flight, the crowd were being entertained by the sound of The Killers latest single. Stephen Kinnane, an Arts student from Ennistymon, describes what happened next.

"We were just boogieing away when all of a sudden we all just stopped. This guy beside me nudged me and said, 'This is actually ****e, isn't it?'. I don't know what happened, but everyone in the place just took a spontaneous and instant dislike to The Killers."

The music was stopped and the house lights came on, as people tried to console each other. The generous management of Cuba, realising the gravity of the situation, offered a free shot of brandy to soothe nerves and extra seating was introduced for the shaken clientele.

"I can't believe this has happened. I've two copies of Hot Fuss, I was gonna get a third one when my grant comes in this week." An inconsolable Stephen added: "I can't believe I wasted so much of my time dancing to that ****e."

:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

I've been getting that "puplication" for about 4 months now and it is quite possibbly the funniest invention sice the whoopee cushion(and i mean that in a good way!) the easter issue was brilliant! im a huge fan of ask hung-over Jesus. whoever writes it, ye deserve to get it internationally published and win a pulwitzer!! hats off to ye

ps: i loved the article about the ancient snack box discovered in eyre square- GENIUS!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where in galway do ye get this paper..when is the next issue due?

• Advertisement

2001-A VIDEO LIBRARY(or whatever they're calling it nowadays) on eglinton st.(beside the gaffe) usually have it. have no idea when its out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NakedGalwegian

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm really glad you all appreciate Galway's only worthwhile free paper.

There's a few people who contribute to the paper so I'll pass the praise around to all involved.

The next issue is due out at the end of next week (all going according to plan).

There's still some copies of Issue 8 available in Sub City Comics I think.

www.nakedgalway.tk

Keep up the good work lads!! really hope things kick off for ye-theres talent in ye're midst. anywhere else where the paper is available?

ps; please ask hangover Jesus what to do if you wake up to find your 2 (unmarried) homosexual gerbils have birthed a litter of five? my friend seamus (also a big fan of ye) needs some advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NakedGalwegian

Funbus - The paper is available in the following places:

The Roisin Dubh
    The Blue Note (off licence section)
    The GPO (off licence section)
    Java's
    Banana Phoblacht
    Sub City Comics
    2001 Video Library
    Clan Video
    Bier Haus

Email Hungover Jesus with your gerbil problems - he may be good enough to answer - nakedgalway@yahoo.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

keep it up, its great. I love the larry gogan gag.

• Advertisement
Advertisement