Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV licence problem - unbelievable...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Not anymore.
    Oh? When did that change?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

If they have your name they’ll come looking for you. NTL routinely passes on the details of those who subscribe with them and in Dublin that is the most common way of appearing on their radar.

Yes, unfortunately i have an account with the TV Licence Records Office. I didnt get one of those anonymous tentants' licences for rented premises - i had to open an account. I've moved a couple of times and had the licence transferred to the new premises. In a few months i'm moving to a place where there already is a licence, so i'll cancel the account and hope that no one shows on the doorstep.
    I decided that i will write to the Ombudsman coz this is just a farce. And if an inspector does show up, he can study my letter and buzz off.

Oh and the funny/sad thing is that i dont have NTL. :o

So i pay the TV licence for the absolute sh1t on RTE1 and RTE2 which i receive by practicing aerial acrobatics - no cable. Robbing bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Ancient1 wrote:
    So i pay the TV licence for the absolute sh1t on RTE1 and RTE2 which i receive by practicing aerial acrobatics - no cable. Robbing bastards.
    I was hard pushed to think of any programme that RTE produces that I would feel is worth the cost of the licence and so I simply got rid of my TV. Of course the inefficiency, incompetence and cronyism in RTE that are the reason for the lack of value for money we get are not high on the political agenda.

But this is probably a discussion best left to another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

You're absolutely right and i think i'd do the same if i lived on my own - but it's not my call.

Either way you look at it it's not worth it - 155 Euros a year for the licence and then 20 a month (or whatever it is that NTL charge these days) for cable. I chose broadband over NTL and i think i did the right thing.

Advertisement