Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart - Coolock Exchange

• 19-05-2005 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Has anyone been contacted yet from Smart?

I haven't heard a thing yet.... :o

Any last minute delays in being signed off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Havn't heard anything... Hope Garfield,s not back to only posting the good news ....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

It's enabled for all of coolock.
    But for a changeover of 12 days you need to get a new telephone number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

And if you have a smart telecom account - even worse news!
    You have to cancel smart, go to eircon, move back to smart to get LLU done!

Give smart a ring - they should be able to give you more info...

And if you have a smart telecom account - even worse news!
    You have to cancel smart, go to eircon, move back to smart to get LLU done!

Give smart a ring - they should be able to give you more info...
    That sounds like Eircom Tactics allright!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i fcuking hate eircom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Sherman

I got a letter in the post from Smart on Friday morning, my Customer Application form or similar name..

I rang them up, the exchange got signed off on Friday evening and will start processing the orders from today :)

Has anyone from this exchange got connected ?

Re the Santry exchange- I heard some very negitive things today from 2 different people>> The first is a customer who is in the business & he rekoned Smart havn,t so much as put any equipment into this & some other exchanges they claim are ready to go live...
    The second person said that after much arguing with a Smart csr today they admitted they are having fierce problem & it could be months before going live.. Any one else any news before I run off to BT
    Has anyone noticed Smart have even changed the message for exchanges that are supposed to be live to - Will be available shortly-
    Put in Smarts number & got this

Your phone number 14699300 is in the exchange CITYWEST.
    Unfortunately, Smart Broadband is not yet available to you! However we have a Trigger Program whereby the more interest we get from an area, the sooner we can bring Smart Broadband to you, so spread the word! Would you like to join our Trigger Program?
    That kinda says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭half_life_man

hi guys,
    i'm in the coolock exchange and i sent in my form for changing my number to a smart number. smart received my form and said it would take 12 days. does it take 12 days to get my modem or 12 days for a line test. i failed my line test with eircom and iol. does this mean i'm defnitly goin to get broadband if i change my number to a smart number?

Wellcome to boards man... Its hard to know what to believe from Smart anymore.. They announce a date for exchanges to go live & tell you connection within 12 days, I was told this at the start of May, 5 weeks later & the exchange is still not live & they don't even know when..What event can occur that delays this from a definate date to unknown??????? This combined with the sudden dissappearence of Garfield tell me they are hiding something.. A neighbour of mine was onto Smart for nearly half an hour & finally got them to admit they are having serious probs & it could be months!!!
    I emailed Smart yesterday & if there is not something definite forthcoming I'll be off to BT Ireland, If this is the treatment potential customers get what's it going to be like when people are connected????

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

This is the response I got from Smart when I inquired about the Santry exchange.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me anything I don't already know.

Thank you for your email, you have successfully registered for Smart
    Broadband and we have received your direct debit mandate form. As we
    draw closer to the date that the Santry exchange is unbundled, we will
    be in contact with you to give you a more precise date.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries.

Thank you for your patience

• Advertisement

This is exactly what the problem is.. No consideration for the customer.. I like the bit "please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries." .. When you do just that you hang up the phone still none the wiser..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sherman

Got connected yesterday.
    Speeds as advertised. Super fast for downloading!

Advertisement