Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

should i buy this?

• 19-05-2005 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

im going to order a spider1.1 chip because its a cheap professional modchip and i wont need to solder and now i know non solder is crap but i cant solder that good nor do i know anyone who can besides my technology teacher

should i get this or something else????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

ive heard pretty bad things about the reliability of spider chips, especially solderless ones. youre probably better off with a xenium if youre looking for a solder free chip. its a cinch to install and very solid.

or try and find somone in your area with soldering experience. people are always willing to help out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

xenium cost me €70 from modchip.com and spider is €50 and thats all i have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Hi,

The xenium your talking about...does it include spice solderless adapter.

This adapter is great, http://www.teamxodus.com/XOS/spice.wmv .

The video shows that it withstand what any sane person would do to their xbox, NOT.

Solderless is nice, and worth it in the long run... :)

i got mehself a dms xbit ordered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭r3boot

cheap mod ! cheap mod ! cheap mod !

and it works like a charm :D

• Advertisement

my one is easyier to install just put it down align it(very easy with an xbit) and tighten a screw then i connect the usb port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

my bro recently picked up 3 spider chips and they worked perfect and installed easy.. before than i had chameleon and xenium all good peeps.

i was gonna buy a spider but got loadsa bad reports then seen a better chip(xbit) even cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

XBITS are awful, had three of them die on me in 3 different boxes, went with x3 and works great

Advertisement