Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was my Downloading thread locked?

Options
  • 19-05-2005 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Because Gordon decided to link to another forum? Ridiculous :rolleyes: It deserves discussion and I though this was the place to do that.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

mate, at this stage you are just trolling....you are really not going to help your cause at all. TBH you will probably get ridiculed too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr Cox's Ego

Im not trolling, the discussion was going ok till Gordon linked to another board. Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

why are you assuming it was because Gorden linked to another forum?
    Because Gordon decided to link to another forum?

?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It deserves discussion? What does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr Cox's Ego

The discussion of why talking about downloading is ok on some boards but not on others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Talking about downloading stuff isn't forbidden as far as I'm aware.

Asking people for bittorrent files, or names, of licensed property, is afaiu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Because Gordon decided to link to another forum? Ridiculous :rolleyes: It deserves discussion and I though this was the place to do that.

To quote your ego's character: Shut the hell up newbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

actually ... thought it was a pretty interesting thread .... didn't get to have my say in that one so gonna have it here. All talk about downloading, or getting hold of, films, shows, music illegaly should be banned, even talk about getting it off your cousin. (and I know I asked for the cousins address too in the family guy post, never got it! .. but I'm not just being bitter either.)

Just because Family Guy is free to air over in the states, does not give somone a right to download it. That's the same as saying that music is okay to download because radio stations play songs.

anyway, it seems to be pretty much against the television charter: "Don't ask where you can download TV shows or give any links to them. Infact try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether."

so yeah, discussions about downloading tv shows is just as bad as discussions about downloading movies.

Advertisement