Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X2vga+

• 19-05-2005 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

i was wondering if anyone has used an X2VGA+ with their PAL xbox? i see that its a usb device so do i need to install linux or can it run straight from a usb port in the conroller port?

the website also says something about Hi Def Video disabled on PAL boxes. will this be an issue or is there a way to get around it?

thanks

nmc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I read the anserer to this a not to long back, i think it was in the conlsole modding forum or this forum. i think there is some setting that you can change to nstc instead of pal and tada it worked :D id say its harder that that so give it a look. ah yesh found it: HERE
    flunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

niall mc wrote:
    i was wondering if anyone has used an X2VGA+ with their PAL xbox? i see that its a usb device so do i need to install linux or can it run straight from a usb port in the conroller port?
    Yes it does work but its not usb it plugs into the normal video output on your xbox.
    the website also says something about Hi Def Video disabled on PAL boxes. will this be an issue or is there a way to get around it?
    You can gt around this by converting your eeprom to NTSC by using enigmahx video switch disc (this is the easiest to use). Then the xbox is essentially american and the x2vga adapter will work (just follow the instructions about enabling 480p, 720p or whatever in the MSdash)

Dont convert back and forth between NTSC and PAL too many times though as you could corrupt the eeprom.

remember too that even the x2vga manufacturers dont guarantee that it will work with every monitor.

There is a way to enable Hi-Def/progressive scan dvd movie playback too which is disabled even on american xboxes. check the xbox-scene audio/visual forums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You can gt around this by converting your eeprom to NTSC by using enigmahx video switch disc (this is the easiest to use). Then the xbox is essentially american and the x2vga adapter will work (just follow the instructions about enabling 480p, 720p or whatever in the MSdash)
    You can only do this with a modded xbox.

Advertisement