Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iAudio X5

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

Been using my x5 loads for the last few weeks - it's UNREAL!! I even watched a full length film on it during a journey! 2 minutes into it and I forgot I was watching it on a small screen and the sound quality was great!

I can't understand why so many people are buying an iAudio x5L though....why would you downgrade your iAudio to an iRiver level. (I'm talking about looks!). I've the 30gb X5 and I use it EVERY day at work for over eight hours with the screen on all the time (brightness 6) and I've always plenty of battery left in the evening. DON'T DO IT PEOPLE.....DON'T GO L!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Whats the difference between the X5 and X5L anyway. I though the X5L had a longer battery life and that was it. Whats the other differences that make it like an iRiver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Whats the difference between the X5 and X5L anyway. I though the X5L had a longer battery life and that was it. Whats the other differences that make it like an iRiver?

Yep, X5L is just X5 with larger battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

any update about the 60gig version recently? im seriously considering buying an X5 now but i'd hold off if the 60gig version will be out in the next month or so....

chat2joe wrote:
    ....I can't understand why so many people are buying an iAudio x5L though....why would you downgrade your iAudio to an iRiver level. (I'm talking about looks!)...

Looks. What are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

battery is thicker with the L series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

comet wrote:
    Was that the X5 20GB? are you getting a remote or docking station with that?

It's an unopened X5, so yes it inscludes a docking station, remote is sold seperately though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Personally don't understand it, it's in your pocket most of the time. For the record I like the look of the X5. Definately going to investigate the purchase of one.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    It's an unopened X5, so yes it inscludes a docking station, remote is sold seperately though.

Is there a line in on the dock?
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    battery is thicker with the L series

The iRivers (while not pretty) are not that thick. Personally I'd prefer the longer battery life for when I'm travelling or on holidays.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Bambi wrote:
    Hey felix, you heard anything about the M5 coming on the market soon? I've no use for video so this bad boy would suit me far more than the X5 if it becomes available

M5 can be got and is in a grey finish. There is no radio, video or direct encoding. Also, the screen is 4 colour grey. Would expect to retail for around 289 in 20GB standard battery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Hey all,

Does it have line out?

ie can I hook it up to car stereo?

Are the american versions the same as here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

the x5 or m5? i think the x5 has a line out on its cradle or subpack

Im seriously considering the m3 instead of an m5, it appears to have more features and bits and its GUNMETAL BROWN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

litirspam wrote:
    Hey all,

Does it have line out?

ie can I hook it up to car stereo?

Are the american versions the same as here?

I assume you are asking about the X5?
    It does have a line-out, and lots of people hook them up to car stereos...you need a line-in or AUX port on your stereo unless you use an FM or tape adapter.

As far as I know there are no differences with the US version.

:D

Advertisement