Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC...Split down the middle

• 20-05-2005 1:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

What do people think about Cork City FC at the moment?

Reading the forum on the official site, there seems to be a deep divide with the supporters. Some are pro-Dolan, some are pro-Lennox(chairman).

Personally I'm pro the club. We are still getting great crowds. Ok, not qualifying for the Setanta Cup final was a downer, but we are still in contention for the league.

What do people outside looking in think?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I think, regardless of what happened in the past they should get on with it and play football. They are well capable of winning the EL so they should go and try to win it. Not sulk for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

My €0.02

I'm not a Cork fan, nor am I from Cork, but opinion was asked for, and opinion you'll get.

Fact : Dolan is gone.
    Fact : Lennox saved the club from going under
    Fact : Rico is now in charge

What people need to realise is that as long as Lennox is the Chairman, then Dolan won't be coming back, and that as long as the fans continue these idiotic protests outside and inside Turners X after games, then the teams morale can only be undermined.

How can Rico make a go of things when after only ten or twelve games the fans are calling for his head? It is ridiculous.

Seemingly it is only at the home games that this is going on, two or three times I have heard that the team is being booed off the pitch in Turners X, but I didn't witness this when Shels played Cork in Tolka in the Setanta Cup. I find this strange to say the least, and it suggests to me that the people that are doing the protesting are not the hardcore fanbase However, I have been told otherwise, that some of the Official Supporters Club have been at the root of this, especially the stuff going on on the Official Cork City website Message Boards, that is very worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Seems to me it's as simply as a few idiots longong for the trophy ridden days of Dolans reign who are destroying a well capable of actually winning the league Cork City side.

You know if George O'Callaghan complains about the home crowd in Cork that something is very, very wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Dolan is gone and he wont be back.. there isnt much point in CCFC still supporting him.. its a poor excuse for not doing well at the moment. The supporters should be all totally behind the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

This fighting is just detrimental to the club. Dolan won't come back, Lennox won't leave. The best thing any true CCFC fan can do is support their club, anything else will just have negative effects, both on the pitch and off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭shelsfan

I think if there was no fighting, they'd really push Shels for the title.

Well I think their poor home form (or some of the blame at least) can be attributed to heckling and jerring/insulting off their own fans. This sort of behavious won't change the minds of anyone behing the pitch, rather make them look in a different light on these supporters. I appreciate that everyone has different views, but the best thing for CCFC is the support of the fans, at least when on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dolan is gone and he wont be back.. there isnt much point in CCFC still supporting him.. its a poor excuse for not doing well at the moment. The supporters should be all totally behind the team

shelsfan wrote:

Id just like to point out that City are 3 points behind Shels in the league at the moment. I would also like to point out that if City win their next 2 games, at home to Derry and away to Shels, City go top of the league.

Only a small section of our fans reckon City are falling way behind Shels. Its not the case.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I've heard so many stories, I've no doubt that any club saddled with Dolan will only go one way, downhill.

Cork are currently favourites to get second place, and that's as much as anyone in this league, apart from Shels, has a right to expect.

TBF. CCFC have it all to prove. They had a big bust up last year mid season and could have won the E.L had they really concentrated. Shels were knackered with the run in Europe and the league was there for the taking. Cork blew it.

The season isnt very old and there is already talk of problems in the club. I wouldnt be surprised if there is another bust up mid season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bateman wrote:
    I've heard so many stories, I've no doubt that any club saddled with Dolan will only go one way, downhill.

Yes from near bankrupcy to 4 and half times champions shocking down slide he creates where ever he goes. Was only manager at Cork but had them playing decent football and attracting good players.

kdjac

And back to near bankrupcy again, Dolan still has alot to prove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Slash/ED wrote:
    And back to near bankrupcy again, Dolan still has alot to prove.

Actually it was monies that were due over a league win that killed the club, see they never got the money for the shared title or the Cl money, got some poxy medals tho.

Wom 2 league titles as manager dont think he has anything to prove as manager tbh. What more could you ask. Annoyed the **** outta me with his score a goal and defend for the rest of the game tactics.

kdjac

TBF. CCFC have it all to prove. They had a big bust up last year mid season and could have won the E.L had they really concentrated. Shels were knackered with the run in Europe and the league was there for the taking. Cork blew it.

City won 10 of their last 13 games, drawing the other 3. Thats hardly blowing it. Too little too late maybe.

The big bust up you refer to actually served to gel the team, and started on that impressive run.

I would also like to point out that if City win their next 2 games, at home to Derry and away to Shels, City go top of the league.

So, crisis eh? Falling behind Shels eh? Now I know Its very early days, but I would like for the people in this thread who seemes to reckon that City were in a downward spiral to account for themselves. :p

gimmick wrote:
    So, crisis eh? Falling behind Shels eh? Now I know Its very early days, but I would like for the people in this thread who seemes to reckon that City were in a downward spiral to account for themselves. :p
    :eek:

:D

Are you going to go and dig up every thread where someone had a go at CCFC?

^^^ No, its just that it was 14 short days ago that there were people standing outside the main gate of Turner Cross baying for the blood of Lennox/Rico/The Board with their petty little pro Dolan rubbish.

Rico has been in charge of City for 10/11 weeks, and has beaten Shels twice in 3 attempts. Dolan had 7 attempts and failed everytime!

I am also just having a go, at those who are so quick to have a go
    Bateman wrote:
    Cork are currently favourites to get second place, and that's as much as anyone in this league, apart from Shels, has a right to expect.
    shelsfan wrote:

Reading that, you would swear City were toward the bottom of the league, let alone challenging to win the freaking thing.

It was even worse on your own forum from your own fans, Gimmick, well at least a certain few.

That why I very rarely visit the CCFC forum - too much negativity, and whats more, they seem to enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

gimmick wrote:
    Id just like to point out that City are 3 points behind Shels in the league at the moment. I would also like to point out that if City win their next 2 games, at home to Derry and away to Shels, City go top of the league.

HEH HEH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

There still waiting for City to slip up to have a go.

Even after Monday, in the pub there were people argueing over it being Dolan's team or Rico's team. It was pathetic. :rolleyes:

well to be fair the crux of the team was signed by Gunther.. dan murray, george o'callaghan, john oflynn.. micheal devine was signed by mountfield i think..

I hope CCFC implode this season and get relegated!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^ Thats been on the cards for some time now. It is a blow, but an expected one. Luckily we have the quality of Neal Fenn/John O Flynn and Roy O Donovan in reserve to ease the pain.

Aye, but Doyle is sheer class. Doubt CCFC will pleasure Bohs interests in Fenn now then. Shane Long is apparently on the way to Reading too!

Pat Dolan showing his love for Cork by recommending all of their young talent to his brother at Reading.

As one of the Cork lads said on another site, so much for his love of this league, and his claims that we must do everything we can to keep our good players here. He's sold out the league, and his supposedly beloved Cork City, to what he always reffered to as the "enemy" (UK Football).
    Totally agree with all of that, he is scum.

judging what is posted on other forums ..Someone knew the exact level of the buy out clause.. and with all those family connections its not hard to put 1+1 together to get Dolan is a two faced judas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i read the thread on it posted up in the shels cork match. What lemon came up with the contract? also having 2 contracts?

the club seems to be run very shoddily! Still we are top of the league and thats what matters! :D

also having 2 contracts?
    I think that is a pile of crap to be honest. Don't think there is/was 2 contracts.

That was all misinformed conjecture on the CCFC forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

seansouth wrote:
    I think that is a pile of crap to be honest. Don't think there is/was 2 contracts.

That was all misinformed conjecture on the CCFC forums.

you ean something has appeared on the internet that isnt true?! :eek:

i am shocked.

Dolan is a two faced judas.

agreed

apparantly its not going to be the last of pat dolan sanctioned transfers out of the cross, apparantly john o'flynn and george o'callaghan are next on his list..

in fact georgie has just appointed former dublin city boss john gill as his new "agent".. john gill being, of course, a good buddy of dolan.. and george is out of contract at the end of the season.. i see a horrible trend developing here...

i really regret the day that dolan was signed as our boss now.. but shure aint hindsight brilliant..

i remember writing an aritcle for our fanzine about dolans arrival, saying that you'll always remember where you were when you heard he signed for us and that you'd be telling your grandkids all about it.. funny the way things work out eh?

Advertisement