Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS Screen

Options
  • 20-05-2005 2:05am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently had to exchange my DS for a new one due to a fault, and I noticed the new one I got has a wierd touch screen. On the original model I noticed the screen would kind of dip towards to top, but was otherwise grand, this one seems to be much looser than the last one on the right hand side, so when I tap it with the stylus there's a very noticable curve in the plastic.

Anyone else have this issue, and does it effect gameplay? I don't want to bring it back to my job again, but if it is faulty I don't want to find out in a year when the warranty is up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's faulty - but I don't know how unplayable it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

so when I tap it with the stylus there's a very noticable curve in the plastic.

Even if its perfectly playable, its faulty. Get it fixed now, rather then have to pay for it yourself if it gives away after the warranty expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

as i said earlier, my first DS had a terribly loose touch screen cover and the touch screen failed to respond at times so just get another!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, am going to, I did actually notice it wasn't extremely responisive at times.

Will get one once a new batch comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BloodNinjaCult

flogen, i get the *impression* you had a perfect NDS in first place but decided to change it because the *casing was scratched*. ;)

geez, how you made mod i'll never know!

• Advertisement
Advertisement