Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Asics runners to buy?

• 20-05-2005 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Im going back to running after a 4 month layoff due to knee trouble, and I need to invest in a good pair of Asics runners.

I need them to push my foot over to the outside (Over pronate?) and they need to cushion the impact as much as possible to take the strain off my knee.

Can anyone recommend which Asics runners to buy? I have a budget of about €100. Thanks!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

kayano, or, if they are too dear, the 1080 or 2090 (not sure about those model numbers..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Genghis

Give it another 3 weeks and buy in the Arnotts Sale, Asics tend to have at least €50 off, sometimes half-price.

Of course, you should be considering New Balance. I wear 765s and I sincerely hope they never replace them. The best runners ever.

I had 2080's before, btw, and they messed up my illiotibial band, was off running for weeks. Have been on NB765s since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Genghis

PS, Arnotts discount all runners in June, and they stock New Balance. However, New Balance are never as discounted as Asics; I think you'd be looking at about €90 for 765s (usually over €110). Also, Elverys have a sale on at the moment. The ladies version of 765s (764s) are only €40, but they do not stock mens variety. If you're male but okay with the colours, these could make a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Yeah Im using New Balance at the moment, but I think that the Asics I used to use (2060s) were really comfortable.

Would you be able to do me a favour and PM me or post up here when the Arnotts sale is on?? Im actually living down in the South East but Id drive up for the weekend when it starts if I thought I was going to save a few bob.

good call genghis, i get mine in the xmas sale, usually half price, asics are launching a new range on june 1 of kayano, nimbus etc etc, they are a fair bit different so arnotts
    are bound to have the old ones at half price.
    forgot about summer sale, is it usually bank hol weekend?
    just a note, be there early i.e at opening on first day and be prepared to fight your corner, it was nuts there this year a couple of fights nearly broke out over people buying 4 or 5 pairs of shoes...

• Advertisement

Just got this in a mail from Arnotts..

Sale starts Thursday 16th June @ 11.00am and ends Sunday 24th July

Would there be any left on the saturday do you think? Or will I need to take a day off and travel up to be in the ruck at the front door? :)

if you are an odd size you might be alright, typically there will be no 8, 9 or 10s left after an hour or so, assuming they have them at half price.
    keep an eye on the newspapers, sometimes the runners aren't on sale on the first day..

Hmm.. Im a 7½. Thats pushing it a bit.. its a bit on the "normal" side of the sizes. It'll drive me mad to make a 5 hour round trip and not get my hands on the right ones. Methinks I might play it safe and get them closer to home.

Wahey.. Got myself Kayanos for €60 ish. Result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Well done, you got them in Arnotts I presume, what were the crowds like?

• Advertisement

Squirrel wrote:
    Well done, you got them in Arnotts I presume, what were the crowds like?

Thats the best thing! :) I couldnt tell ya!!

A friend offered to go in for me, seen as she was going in anyway. She has a storecard too which meant she got to buy them during the preview on wednesday night. I just tried them on in a local shop, and told her the right size to try and get.

Seemingly they had tonnes and tonnes of asics runners out, and within half an hour there was none left!!

I'll head to Dublin over the weekend and pick them up and pay for them over a mug of tea.. rrrresult lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Seemingly they had tonnes and tonnes of asics runners out, and within half an hour there was none left!!

thats a slight exaggeration...I was there at about 7 yesterday (thursday) and there was still alot of asics and other runners - no Kayanos though :(

thats a slight exaggeration...I was there at about 7 yesterday (thursday) and there was still alot of asics and other runners - no Kayanos though :(

Maybe it was loads of Kayanos they had out, and they were gone in half an hour. I wasnt there to see myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Maars

You're not far wrong I was just up there and Kayanos are all gone, 2100s only have weird sizes left. But there are still plenty of 1100s and some Nimbus as well as other not-built-for-mileage type models.

tip for everyone in future, is that that storecard preview of the sale is open to anyone, I got mine on wednesday night, nimbus, kayano and ds trainer...

Advertisement