Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending MMS on Nokia 6320

Options
  • 20-05-2005 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

I've donwloaded the settings from nokia.ie, I'm with O2 but for some reason whenever I try and send a picture by MMS it comes up with 'message sending failed'.

Any idea how to do this, what am I doing wrong?

It was a piece of p1ss to do on my old vodafone motorola.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi have you checked the settings against those in this sticky:
    Irish Operator Settings [Including WAP 2.0]

have you also checked this one, if so what did O2 say?
    About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

You might have selected the wrong ones on Nokia?
    Different settings for Prepay and PostPay
    Have a look at the link that Dubwireless posted and check through them manually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

also check with your operator that you have ben enabled for the relevant mms APN and that you are configured correctly on their mms platform

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

3 Steps, download new settings from here

http://web.o2.ie/personal/help/connecting_to_the_internet/phone_settings.jsp

select to save & and activate them, then restart the phone.
    Still not working? Contact the customer service to make sure you are provisioned for GPRS & MMS, you have to have the service activated on account. If you are not provisioned, it takes 24 hours to go on, so in 24 hrs you'll need to restart the phone.

If all that fails you'll more than likely have to get a sim change in an O2 store.

gillo wrote:
    If you are not provisioned, it takes 24 hours to go on, so in 24 hrs you'll need to restart the phone.
    To provision an account for gprs apn or mms takes about 1 minute and as soon as the users hlr profile is setup it is active immediately without a restart of the phone as it is not provisioned on the phone it is provisioned in the core network and that is where to pdp context reject/accept is sent from.

Now how long it takes o2 to get around to doing it is another story but VF do it on the phone so I dont see why o2 should be any different.

• Advertisement

From my experience using DOL it can take up to 24hrs. it's possible that the customer care can do it faster.

Although I don't see the relevance of your post?????

gillo wrote:
    From my experience using DOL it can take up to 24hrs. it's possible that the customer care can do it faster.

Although I don't see the relevance of your post?????
    dont know the procedure in o2 perhaps they can do it faster if you call in or maybe they have a 24 hour turnaround on web based requests or something.

The relevance of my post was that it doesnt take 24hours to provision someone for relevant services... perhaps it takes o2 24 hours to getting around to deal with a request...

Magpie if your in a rush to get it sorted ring in and demand they sort it immeidately.

The advice always given by O2 is that it takes 24 hrs, thats what I am going on.

Magpie by all means ring up and rant and rave, then let me know how you get on. Chances are as with most people you're not in a such a rush that 24 hours is gonna cause problems.

24 hours to enable a service... great customer service indeed.

dont think any ranting is required. explain you want the service enabled immediately in a calm and sensible manner and demand it is done. Or sit back and wait for 24 hours. Personally I dont care my mms works fine.

24 hours to enable a service... great customer service indeed.
    Personally I dont care my mms works fine.
    Neither do I, you're the one getting excited about it. either way in the stime you've been going it, it would of been provisioned anyway. Calm down man, it's a picture message, it's not life and death; I know alot of teenagers need to send mms other they'll get the cooties but the rest of us, we just get on with life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm going to give them a ring today as I've checked all the settings and they're A1, so obviously they just need to make them live on my account. I'll let you know how I get on.

This whole thing is a bit of a palava isn't it? Why can't they just have the settings enabled on the phone when you buy it and ditto your account settings?

Advertisement