Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nintendo unveils GameBoy micro

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Walk into a gamestore and look at Nintendo shelf-space. Gamecube has virtually been obliterrated and most stores still have ps1 titles.

Look I like Nintendo but sticking your head in the sand won't make any difference.

They will go the way of Sega when people only know them for their games but instead buy sony and microsoft consoles.

I dont understand that, Nintendo have only 5% less market share then Xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Tusky wrote:
    crossed of the hardcore gamers membership list FOREVER?!?!?

nnnnnnoooooooOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    :

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'm reporting this to the vatican. I'm sure you will be fast-tracked to sainthood.
    I hear that's what happened to Mother Teresa, although of course it was a while ago, so she probably recommended ISS on the SNES over FIFA '97.

Plus ca change, eh?:D

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Oh come on, don't so easy on casual gamers, they are the people that keep editions of Need for Speed underground and all the rest of those awful car modding games coming out, they are the people who keep buying every copy of FIFA that gets released. They are the people who didn't buy Ico, Beyond Good and Evil, XIII, Frequency, Toe Jam and Earl 3, Steel Batallion, Samba De Amigo, Space Channel 5, the 3DO (gods I love that machine, I really do so help me!), Star Control 2, Metroid Prime 2, Donkey Konga, Kurushi, Burning Rangers, Nights, The Neo Geo Pocket Color and so on and so on.
    The poor fols are so intent on their own destruction, damaging their sense of good gaming taste on fast food equivalents from EA and the such like, how else did Driver 3 get to number 1? I didn't buy it, did you? this generations Rise of the Robots it is, an embarrasment to us all and if you do own it you should consider yourself crossed off the Hardcore gamers membership list, forever!
    Totally agree with all you say here!

Except the bit about the 3DO... worst controller evah. And the Tripster of course. And the fact that even though they have had 10 years to make up for the mistakes they made all they seem to have done over the past few years is Army Men FFS:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Oh come on, don't so easy on casual gamers, they are the people that keep editions of Need for Speed underground and all the rest of those awful car modding games coming out, they are the people who keep buying every copy of FIFA that gets released. They are the people who didn't buy Ico, Beyond Good and Evil, XIII, Frequency, Toe Jam and Earl 3, Steel Batallion, Samba De Amigo, Space Channel 5, the 3DO (gods I love that machine, I really do so help me!), Star Control 2, Metroid Prime 2, Donkey Konga, Kurushi, Burning Rangers, Nights, The Neo Geo Pocket Color and so on and so on.
    FIFA, XIII, Neo Geo, etc, are all sh|te. Need for Speed Underground was half decent, but nothing can ever beat Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

=-=

Anyhoo's back on topic: if the Micro is under €100, and I can play Bomberman, and some skater(Tony Hawk) / biker(Dave Mirra) game on it in decent res, I may get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

the_syco wrote:
    FIFA, XIII, Neo Geo, etc, are all sh|te. Need for Speed Underground was half decent, but nothing can ever beat Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

=-=

Anyhoo's back on topic: if the Micro is under €100, and I can play Bomberman, and some skater(Tony Hawk) / biker(Dave Mirra) game on it in decent res, I may get it.
    The micro will play all gba games. It's basically a shrunk down gba (like they did with the SP). The screen is smaller, but it's got the same number of pixels.

I think it should sell for well under €100. I got my SP for €100. The Micro should be about €50. If it was it'd have a mucgh better chance of breaking into new markets (ie casual gamers)

Advertisement