Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Irish perspective on Accessibility and Usability

Options
  • 20-05-2005 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

A link of interest ...

An Irish perspective on Accessibility and Usability

www.accessible.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

An interesting read alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

great link - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Is it just me that finds it ironic that neither it's xHTML or CSS are valid? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Well technically it doesn't have to be either to be accessible and usable. In fact sometimes there is no choice but to break away from standards to make some item or function as accessible as possible.

It does help though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

cgarvey wrote:

:rolleyes: It's constructive encouragement like this that drives them forward...

but point taken ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Figment wrote:
    In fact sometimes there is no choice but to break away from standards to make some item or function as accessible as possible.

[strike]Rubbish.[/strike]

Er, sorry Figment. Perhaps I was a tad harsh - but in my experience the above is rubbish.

cgarvey wrote:

Its just you. Where do they claim to be w3c valid? They don't that I can see. Accessibility and w3c validation are two completely different things.

hostyle wrote:
    Its just you. Where do they claim to be w3c valid? They don't that I can see. Accessibility and w3c validation are two completely different things.

You are right - and both the CSS and xHtml ( Transitional ) are vaild - so all should be happy :)

Velcrow wrote:
    and both the CSS and xHtml ( Transitional ) are vaild

No they're not. Front page might be but every page isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I've yet to have a good read of the content, but that banner image is fantastic.

• Advertisement

JustHalf wrote:
    I've yet to have a good read of the content, but that banner image is fantastic.

Wait til you see my back lawn.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

hostyle wrote:
    Accessibility and w3c validation are two completely different things.

Very much intertwined imho.

JustHalf wrote:
    Any suggestions welcome

hostyle wrote:

lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

hostyle wrote:
    Banner image == Irish flag.

Advertisement