Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading movies, mpeg4 or mov ?

Options
  • 20-05-2005 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Hello folks

I have a customer who has asked us to upload some movie files and sent them into us on CD, he wants to stream and has mailed us them in two formats .mov and mpeg4

Which will supply the best performance for streaming?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

they are both relatively similiar but me thinks mpeg is the better format for streaming....now get the hell back over to my thread and answer my question dammit :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

_raptor_ wrote:
    they are both relatively similiar but me thinks mpeg is the better format for streaming....now get the hell back over to my thread and answer my question dammit :-)

hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

Hi Tom,

I’m no expert on video, but what I can gather from some clients is that MPEG4 is the norm for streaming from a site to a viewer browsing using a regular dialup connection.

Seemingly it’s all down to compression / quality, MPEG1 & 2 have better quality, but the viewer would need a serious connection to view them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

FreeHost wrote:
    Hi Tom,

I’m no expert on video, but what I can gather from some clients is that MPEG4 is the norm for streaming from a site to a viewer browsing using a regular dialup connection.

Seemingly it’s all down to compression / quality, MPEG1 & 2 have better quality, but the viewer would need a serious connection to view them.

Thanks Damien, some sound advice.

Advertisement