Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows XP taskbar program position moving!

• 20-05-2005 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else before...

I'm running Windows XP Pro.

I usually open my programs in the morning in a certain order and like to keep them in that order in the task bar all day.. (yes i know, i'm a borderline OCD case :p ) Anyway, it really bugs the hell out of me if my 4 main programs in the taskbar are not in a certain position. I'm just used to using <Alt>+<Tab> a certain number of times for quick window changes...

I start off by opening MS Outlook 2003, 2 SAP systems and then a windows explorer.....

Now, if I lock my PC and go for lunch or something for a long period of time, when i come back the outlook 2003 'icon' in the taskbar has moved to the end???

Its really starting to p1ss me off now, up to the point where I have to close all my programs and open them in order again :eek:

Just wondering are there any other sufferers of this issue? (taskbar problem.. not the insanity problem :D )

Thank

T_E

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

I sympathies with you. always like my firefox button first....

Is it only outlook? it could be that it is set to 'appear as taskbar icon when minimised'? if this is the case, maybe when you lock it, it minimizes it, and then moves it to the end when you maximise again?

try unchecking 'send to taskbar when minimized'.

Another suggestion.....

I'm pretty sure some freeware exists to re-arrange the items on your taskbar. try googling for it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

'Hide when minimized' is unchecked...

Yeah it seems to be only with outlook for some reason...

Must check out google for that type of program...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Open Outlook last in the morning and get used to it being at the end.

Go see a doctor about your OCD. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

When you open multiple office files, does it group them together or have them in seperate taskbars?

If the former, try right clicking start, properties, taskbar, and unticking the appropriate box....

Fibonacci wrote:
    When you open multiple office files, does it group them together or have them in seperate taskbars?

If the former, try right clicking start, properties, taskbar, and unticking the appropriate box....

No I don't have any of that grouping enabled...

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    Open Outlook last in the morning and get used to it being at the end.

Go see a doctor about your OCD. :p

Noooooooooooo :eek:

It has to be first...

Advertisement