Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irvine to "buy Jordan"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

That's ****e! Sher Midland have only just bought them and they will be known as Midland from next year. Why buy a team for a season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭molateen

He is a business man . He will probobly sell it on to a main dealer . Proton or chrysler or volkswagon or somebody like that .

Its not about the love of Jordan . Its about money .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Ay Cee wrote:
    That's ****e! Sher Midland have only just bought them and they will be known as Midland from next year. Why buy a team for a season?

It wasn't the plan to buy for a season but seems Midland have had a change of heart as time has gone on.

Would be very interesting if Irvine bought the team, I agree that he's only in it for the money and probably a figurehead for some big business, but if he's around at races it will always make things more interesting, he does some good interviews.

I can't believe Midland are set to pull out. The Russian's worth more than Bernie. He didn't make that money from making sh!tty business desicions like buying a tail end F1 team for a few seasons and selling it.

Midland aren't a constructor so they've nothing to gain from advertising in F1 for a couple of seasons.

I'd be very surprised if this goes ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

I think Midland have realised that F1 isn't very profitable and want to bail out. It really wouldn't surprise me, if Irvine's consortium bought the team, kept the Jordan brand and employed Eddie Jordan as Team Boss.

• Advertisement

Seriously, how stupid is that?! It's just plain naive to think they're going to start making money in F1.

If that was their thinking...good riddance.

I don't know about Irvine as team manager but it would be good to see him back on the TV again. I'd imagine EJ is happy to be away from all the politics and behind the scenes stuff so I couldn't see him coming back.

No doubt the Swerve will have something to say on ITV tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Well the looked well this weekend with had Beson & Hedges back on the side of it, even if it didnt drive well. I hope to god Eddie Irvine buys the team. Id be more worried about Irvines backers pulling out the Midland not selling. I dont know if Eddie would run the team well but Id say he'd do better then Midland. Gary Anderson said 2day on the satanta comintary that the new Jordan management were keeping the staff in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

That would be awesome. The whole Midland thing is a bit strange at the moment, i mean Minardi have overtaken them now, i suppose there is no reason to plow money in till next year.

Hopefully they could strike a deal with VW. I always wanted to see them break into F1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Strange and interesting but Irvine, i think, is being backed by another Russian Tycoon. So Jordan will still change and its future will still be unknown.

Eddie Irvine should start up his own team. Get Jordan to let him use some of their facilities to reduce the costs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Have a look at this link:

Jordan Crisis Deepens

Doesn't look good.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Many people saw this coming from the start. Midland buys and sells companys, that is what they do and Jordan was never going to be any different. As it is the team we knew as Jordan finally died last year even if the name lives on. The management has changed, and Eddie would have never run the drivers we see in the car this season. It would be nice to see an Irish infulence return to the sport, but I doubt we will see the Jordan panache return to the paddock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Red Bull is projecting much the same image now and they're obviously in pretty good shape too. "Midland F1" has to be the worst name ever for a team.

Has to be worst "team" to enter F1...killing off Jordan - bastards!!!

See Trevor Carlin has left now. So long Jordan GP :(

Advertisement