Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordinary level irish

Options
  • 20-05-2005 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

yo, i'm thinking of moving to ordinary level irish but i'm finished school so i'm kinda at a loss as to the differences between honours and ordinary level. could someone gimme a run down of what i need to know? also if i usually get d1's or c3's in honours what should i expect in ordinary level?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

griffdaddy wrote:
    yo, i'm thinking of moving to ordinary level irish but i'm finished school so i'm kinda at a loss as to the differences between honours and ordinary level. could someone gimme a run down of what i need to know? also if i usually get d1's or c3's in honours what should i expect in ordinary level?

The pass course contains:
    Paper 1: letter, conversation, story, essay. Ya choose two of these.
    Theres 2 comprehentions aswell
    Paper 2: prós and poetry and there are 5 poems and 5 storys the poems on the paper .

Thats it. Dont drop down if ya think you can pass. But if ya think your gonna fail drop down and if ya dont get an A or a B in pass ya shouldn't have been in honours in the first place.

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

griffdaddy wrote:
    i got an a2 in ordinary level after c3's d1's in honours. go buy past exam papers and see for yourself what you think. the way i saw it was i was putting in loads of work for honours and neglecting my other subjects and i ended up with the same number of points for not having to put in much for pass level.

Advertisement