Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart! eircom, arg, this fcuking country!!!

• 20-05-2005 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

right, moved into a new gaf bout 2 months ago. i'm on the belcamp exchange.

had intended to go with smart, hate eircom.

i was told i'd have to reconnect eircom line, and pay rental until may, or june, this was the date smart said i'd be up and running. bull5hitters, they just told me there it would be july or august, dude kept blaming eircom.

they obviously must have known about eircoms dirty tactics.

so now i have to keep paying fekin line rental to eircom scum, til smart sort this 5hit out!

i hate handing money over for nothing, especially to those wa\nkers.

i'm sure there's loads of us in the same boat, you guys willing to hang around for smart, or are you thinking of going with another provider?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

cheapest rates in ireland crowd called Telnet, they don't advertise like smart etc, so can keep the costs way down have the number if u want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ye, cool, what's number? do they have a site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Belcamp is ready if you change your number
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

peterk19 wrote:
    Belcamp is ready if you change your number
    Pete
    I was just going to say, that....
    According to Smarts Line check
    Your phone number 1847#### is in the exchange BELCAMP.
    Congratulations, Broadband is available to you!
    Would you like to avail of this amazing offer?

I've said it befor DONT LISTEN TO SMARTS CSRs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Stark

tirl wrote:
    cheapest rates in ireland crowd called Telnet, they don't advertise like smart etc, so can keep the costs way down have the number if u want

Good one :)

Reminds me of years ago when I wanted net access at home (back when you had to pay a monthly fee+calls for dialup) and instead of getting a proper ISP connection, my dad said I could use a dialup account into a VAX server :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

tirl wrote:

heheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you were only getting the line in order to get Smart's broadband, why not wait until broadband is actually available? As far as I know, Smart can order the landline for you (according to Garfield at least) so the "smart" thing would have been to have told Smart to give you a landline and broadband together.

Advertisement