Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Omens

Options
  • 20-05-2005 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Has anyone read this book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett?? It's *hilarious*. What do you guys think??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's fantastic - I totally love it, if you liked it can I suggest some of Terry Pratchett's other works from the Discworld series? I'm sure you would love the series of you liked Good Omens, just don't start of with the first 3 or 4 books in the series or the latest book as they are some of the weakest of the series - trust me overall the series is fantastic and totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I really enjoyed Good Omens actually. I thought they made a good writing team. I'd say it's at least 2 years since I read it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

One of my favourite books - my current copy is battered to illegibility due to my repeated readings over the past ten years or so. Very similar humour to the Discworld series.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

brilliant....love the whole Queen/tapes bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

Fantastic loved it, but i like all of Pratchett's books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Where might I purchase this book? Easons? if so under which heading fiction non fiction, or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Fantasy/SciFi, Easons would probably have it, otherwise try Waterstones, Hodges Figgis, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Must dig out my copy of this, it's long overdue a re-read.

I read it years before i got around to seeing the film 'the omen', and once i saw the film realised that while i'd been giggling away at the book there was a lot of the humour that i was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

absolute quality read, I liked Gaiman's input to it which imo made it a better read than the usual Pratchett stuff.

suggest you have a read of some of the Robert Rankin stuff , similiar lunacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭arrietty

Yeah, great book. :)

Aside from Pratchett's other books, it's worth reading some of Neil Gaiman's stuff. The Sandman graphic novels, of course, but also American Gods and... I think it was called Stardust. All brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

Superb book, and eminently filmable I would have thought. The makings of a very Python British Apocalypse flick - the perfect antedote to all the vile American guff of the last few years. Give it a few years and New Line will snap it up.

Advertisement