Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Advice!

Options
  • 20-05-2005 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Afternoon All,

Need some advice folks, I have a treo 600 but quite like the blackberry idea. I am a vodafone business customer and am confused as to what the best one is the silver vodafone one or the black o2 one?

Also can I set this up to get my pop3 mail?

Thanks oh wise ones...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

one question...is this just for personal use i.e pop3 access or is it for enterprise...if on VF for pop use then the 7100v is what you are looking for..u can integrate up to 10 external pop accounts and also OWA for Exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

one question...is this just for personal use i.e pop3 access or is it for enterprise...if on VF for pop use then the 7100v is what you are looking for..u can integrate up to 10 external pop accounts and also OWA for Exchange
    probably worth mentioning that OWA can only be integrated if its not https it will only work non secure.

As for the 2 devices they are basicly the same device. Both are 7100's just branded differently. Which ever colour you prefer :)

As mentioned above you can integrate up to 10 accounts on http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.ie/ you will need the user/pass and incoming mail server address (not always needed) of each account you intend using. I have not used the o2 interface for managing the accounts but the Vodafone one is clean and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

the big difference is that vodafone are 25 a month ex vat for 3 megs of email usage.

o2 are 20 euros a month ex vat for unlimited email AND unlimited web browsing/other data usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Akula wrote:
    the big difference is that vodafone are 25 a month ex vat for 3 megs of email usage.

o2 are 20 euros a month ex vat for unlimited email AND unlimited web browsing/other data usage.

For €25 with Vodafone it's not 3megs, you get unlimited email usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

Akula wrote:

The nature of how a blackberry sends and receives mails means that you would be very very very hard pushed to send or receive more then 3MB per month and I assume thats why o2 say their service is unlimited as they dont expect any users to use more then this.

Remember plain text is all that is sent to your device or compressed graphics. If you forward a mail with a 2MB attachment it is forwarded from the mail server not from the device so you pay for a couple of k of traffic not MB's

I am quite a heavy BB user and 3MB has never been an issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement