Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Moral of the Story...

• 20-05-2005 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

One day a boy went to school and his teacher told the class that they'd be having a spelling test that day. The boy didn't want to do the test so he sought permssion to go to the toilet, left the classroom and then left the school. He hailed a taxi and got in.

"You're very young to be getting a taxi," said the driver. "What's your story?"

"Well," said the boy, "I went to school but we had a spelling test I didn't want to do so I pretended I needed to use the toilet and I left the school."

The driver was satisfied and kept driving. After a while, however, the car got a flat tyre and broke down. As a result the boy had to itch a ride on a truck.

"You're very young to be hitching a ride on a truck," said the driver. "What's your story?"

"Well," said the boy, "I went to school but we had a spelling test I didn't want to do so I pretended I needed to use the toilet and I left the school. Then I hailed a taxi but it broke down and then I found you."

The driver was satisfied and kept driving. After a while, however, the truck broke down and the boy had to catch a bus.

"You're very young to be catching a bus at this time of day on your own," said the driver. "What's your story?"

"Well," said the boy, "I went to school but we had a spelling test I didn't want to do so I pretended I needed to use the toilet and I left the school. Then I hailed a taxi but it broke down so I hitched a ride on a truck but it broke down and then I found you."

The driver was satisfied and kept driving. After a while, however, the boy had to get off because the bus didn't go near his house. As a result he walked the remaining 5 miles home. He met his sister at the front door.

"Where were you all day?" asked his sister. "Mum's really angry with you."

"Well," said the boy, "I went to school but we had a spelling test I didn't want to do so I pretended I needed to use the toilet and I left the school. Then I hailed a taxi but it broke down so I hitched a ride on a truck but it broke down and I caught a bus but it doesn't go near our house so I had to walk the remaining 5 miles home."

"Fair enough," admitted his sister. "Go talk to Mum in the kitchen."

"Where were you all day?" demanded his mother angrily when she him. "You better have agood excuse!"

"Well," said the boy, "I went to school but we had a spelling test I didn't want to do so I pretended I needed to use the toilet and I left the school. Then I hailed a taxi but it broke down so I hitched a ride on a truck but it broke down and I caught a bus but it doesn't go near our house so I had to walk the remaining 5 miles home. Then I met my sister and she told me to come to you."

"I don't have time to deal with this," said his mother. "Go talk to your father!"

The boy went to his father, who asked him what happened.

"Well," said the boy, "I went to school but we had a spelling test I didn't want to do so I pretended I needed to use the toilet and I left the school. Then I hailed a taxi but it broke down so I hitched a ride on a truck but it broke down and I caught a bus but it doesn't go near our house so I had to walk the remaining 5 miles home. Then I met my sister and she told me to come to talk to my mother who was too busy to deal with me so she sent me to you."

"Wow," said his father. "It sounds like you had a long enough day already so I won't punish you. Go outside and play."

The boy ran outside happily onto the road where he was hit suddenly by a car and knocked down.

The Moral of The Story: Always look left and right before crossing the road.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Thats just bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

That wasted 2 minutes of my life, and i want them back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

eh *shrugs shoulders* heard worse small :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

as above.. had heard longer.

Damn Green men,Red men and the stairs morales.
    And lets not forget the dreaded "2/3 men prefer cornflakes to kipper in the morning"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

i love it!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Liffeyman

hardCopy wrote:
    That wasted 2 minutes of my life, and i want them back!
    Same here thats crap!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

as bad as it was it made me laugh the most i have all day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

If you think reading this joke is bad imagine trying to remember all the details of it when telling it as a story!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

That joke was no better when he told it to me.

For Shame...

P.S: Your sig is cliched and your username and profile are stupid.

Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Ha, great!

• Advertisement
Advertisement