Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Cow

• 20-05-2005 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I was just trunnelling down the M50 and thinking.
    Where did the red cow roundabout get its name? I know the RED COW hotel etc (never been in it by the way) but why both named red cow?
    Was there a red cow statue or something that it got named so or what is the significance?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I thought it was called 'The Mad Cow' roundabout?? Well that's what my dad calls it... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

there is apetrol station near to where i live called star galleys texco, the rounder bout is called star galleys as well because it was there first dunno if this helps :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭ADUB?

Yeah Mad cow came from the cronic traffic and the red cow names combined.

But still 'red cow' cos of the red cow hotel?
    where did they get that, could have been blue cow or yellow cow if the hotellier had of prefered those colours!!!
    I take it is named due to hotel and no other significance?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Stix

The Red Cow pub has been there for decades. Originally it was just a bil old red barn. There was a lot of cattle in the fields nearby, right up until they built the Luas station. So i imagine it is a combination of the Red barn and the Cows in the fields.

Advertisement