Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone live in galway

• 20-05-2005 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

sorry but im wondering if anyone in the claregalway region knows when eircom will be upgrading the claregalway exchange.it does not work ringing them up because they just put you on hold for about an hour

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Sometime in 2005/2006, according to this. :p

For more details, you'd really have to ring Eircom and suffer the hold, though I'd take what they say with a pich of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Are NTL available in your area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

Are NTL available in your area?
    Exactly - Eircom 1 Meg €45 (plus line rental) - NTL 1 Meg €25 (OK you have to pay your basic cable to get it, but at least you get a haggard of TV and radio channels for it!). :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

no i have sky digital(no cable)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

You could try Com1 as they say the provide wireless Broadband around Galway, don't know any one that has got it
    http://www.com1.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have esat bt, pile of crap. Using Oranmore exchange, which I am very close to.

I still only get 480/96 most days.

And this is after I was "Upgraded" to 1024/128

I have esat bt, pile of crap. Using Oranmore exchange, which I am very close to.

I still only get 480/96 most days.

And this is after I was "Upgraded" to 1024/128

Go for (Irish Broadband) IBB, They are now available around Galway, Oranmore and Claregalway will be going live in a mouth or so, I have it out in Carnmore

Was just upgraded to 2Mb, and getting excellent QoS: Downloads are 248KB/S !!

If your interested PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

no i have sky digital(no cable)

Pity. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

sorry but what is com1 and how does it work.no i cant get ibb dont have a los of the tower thanks though

Com1 do wireless in Galway, the same technology IBB use but i think they work off a mast in Parkmore, so you may have LOS of that.

IBB have planned to go live on two high sites around Claregalway and Oranmore
    ESB Claregalway
    ESB Oranmore
    The hope to have these live before July, intrest in both these area will push them to have to live faster

• Advertisement
Advertisement