Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any funk bands around Dublin?

Options
  • 20-05-2005 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm a guitarist looking to play some funk, been studyin music for 3 years mainly Jazz improv and composition, been listenin to a lot of Herbie lately and wouldn't mind doing something along them lines.

Anyone out there fancy a jam?

Fusion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

You should check out New Colour Soul :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

Fusion251 wrote:
    Hey, I'm a guitarist looking to play some funk, been studyin music for 3 years mainly Jazz improv and composition, been listenin to a lot of Herbie lately and wouldn't mind doing something along them lines.

Anyone out there fancy a jam?

Fusion

Where in dublin u at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Southside, near Dun Laoghaire...you?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

16 yr old drummer, playin six months but don't let that fool you. deansgrange area. funk influences: funkadelic, the (funky) meters, kool and the gang, booker t and the mgs, stanton moore.
    I dunno, if your stuck or interested I'd be happy to help. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

I'll get me coat......... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Bassman

Bass player, listens to Level 42, Stan Clarke, Tony Levin (& Peter Gabriel) interested in Jazz/Funk kind of sound. Herbie Hancock is da man! Heard of Wally Badarou? Interested in getting some gigs going. N.B. I'm a crusty 37!

Advertisement