Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead IOL BB

• 20-05-2005 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Help I cant be the only one with IOL BB that has just died!!!

Completely.

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Integra

working great for me and this is my first few hours on it having been with Eircom for over 3 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well what exchange are you on?

Have you tried restarting your router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Have you
    -checked all the connections?
    -tried moving the computer to another socket?
    -Restarted the computer?
    -started the command prompt and typed "ping www.google.com"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

On Longford exchange.

Well back on this morning.

Went off for a couple of hours then tried restarting the router a few times, was getting green for DSL and it was "online" ie 2048 down 128k up, but in my WAN info everything was 0.0.0.0.

Seems like I was the only one affected by it! Lucky me I feel so special.

This problem is still pending.

Every so often I get knocked off.

Green DSL light still on but in router info the WAN info reads 0.0.0.0 so I am not being assigned an IP. When I reset router i still get 0.0.0.0 but when it is ready it will be reassigned one and I can surf for a little more :)

Seems to me that some link keeps dying then coming back on

Was on the phone with a guy from Esat. Couldnt help me much and said it might be my switch/hub which I explained to him couldnt be the problem because that would never affect the assigning of my DSL router an IP. He agreed and told me to turn off router for 15 minutes and try again.

Same problem.

Tech support on Sunday suck, when they have exhausted their list of what to do they can't do anything further coz no one is there!!

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

OK, stoopid question. After you 'reset' your router did you go to the config page and enter your userid/password combi. Your connection needs to be authenticated (?) in order to be assigned a wan ip.

The connection comes back on after a while anyway so password and username must be OK or I would never get back on:)

My dad was on the phone with EsatBT today and they told him that it was maybe because our line wasn't capable of supporting 2mb.

What a lot of crap.

If it couldn't support it I would be connected at a slower speed that's what RADSL means...

Also my line was perfect for weeks after the upgrade and even now when it works I still get 200kBps.

The green light NEVER goes out, I never lose synchronization it just seems like the server that controls IP assignment dies or the link goes down so I get 0.0.0.0

So far Esat BT have blamed my Switch and now my phone line for causing the problem. I wonder what is next. It's so frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

The DSL Light means you are receiving the correct signal strength.
    When this issue happens do you fail the Loopback Test?
    Could be a local issue.

Your router will always say 0.0.0.0 if you have not authenticated with their PPPoE server. Failing the loopback could be the reason.

Next time it stops working do those diagnostics at the end of the wizard and see what fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

C:\Documents and Settings\Timmy>ping www.boards.ie

Pinging www.boards.ie [82.195.136.36] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=567ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=377ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=616ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 82.195.136.36:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 32ms, Maximum = 616ms, Average = 398ms

Well, i'm just after getting kicked off basically. Went back up , and these are the pings!

Tested the router, and its definitely an outside problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

hmm, my Esat BB has just decided to stop working also. Had to resort to the trusty dial up.

was fine yesterday!!!
    have forgotten my router config password which isnt helping..........

Advertisement