Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Eagle Star DriveSafe

Options
  • 20-05-2005 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Anyone done this recently? I applied a couple weeks back and some guy rang me last week to arrange it for Monday. I was expecting something like the Hibernian one I've heard about (vids in the morning, driving in the afternoon) but he's meeting me in my car and he said it'd take about an hour (I think), so there's not going to be much time for videos, I think :)

Anyone know what I can expect, or what I should practise at the weekend. I've only been driving for a year, so I shouldn't have picked up too many bad habits.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

when going to make a turn, mirror, signal, position, speed, look.
    Don't forget to check blind spots before moving off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

So just general driving test stuff then?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

they are great

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

stay as far away from eagle star as possible, the IAM woudl be a much better bet for any type of advanced driving test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

corblimey wrote:
    So just general driving test stuff then?

Aye the same stuff needed to pass the driving test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Just in case anybody else doing this stumbles on this thread.

I met the guy from ISM on Monday around 10.30. It was much the same as the driving test except

1. He pointed out mistakes as I made them, aswell as filling in a form on his lap. The form had 2 columns for each mistake, one for when I made the mistake the first time, the second for making it a second time even after being told.

2. It was much, much longer. I was out about an hour and half all in.

Everything else was there, hill starts, 3-point turns, reversing around a corner, general driving theory questions ("when should you cross a continuous white line").

I'll find out next week what my rating is and how much I can save on my insurance. However, to be honest, unless it's going to save you a bundle, I wouldn't recommend it. I learned nothing of any consequence that I didn't already know (in theory if not in practise :)) and the instructor guy was a bit of a pr!ck.

Advertisement