Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Cooled Harddrive

Options
  • 20-05-2005 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Thought you guys might want to look at the best way to watercool your hardrive.

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Aid the Blade

i heard a rumor that that might cause you to loose some speed and possibly memory.is there any truth to this?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

i heard a rumor that that might cause you to loose some speed and possibly memory.is there any truth to this?

you are joking right?

as soon as you open the hard drive its a paper weight. it will never work again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

i think he might have been joking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I can imagine next week: Watercooled PSU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

You can get watercooled PSUs......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

yea watercooled PSU's are around alright.

ive run HD in open air before with no problems. That said, I didn't put any critical data on it, but used it for a week with no probs. 6gb WD IIRC.

I suspect the larger aureal density of HD's these days would make them more succeptible to dust\moisture damage.

Advertisement