Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"pings of 150 should be OK" according to IBB rep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jamax

I have Ripwave and it was good last year, but for 4 or 5 months it´s being a nightmare.

I have constant green light signal

Now I get dialup speeds, pings are between 100 and 300 but many times a lot more.

I used to get pings of 200 but it was ok because now I have a major problem: PACKET LOSS

I get a minimum of 50% packet loss and this is everytime, not just for a while.
    I´ve sent them an email in may, got a response with the issueID but nothing more.
    Now I am trying to call them every day but after 30mins waiting I surrender and hang up.

This is making the connection unusable, and this connection is my only option. No phoneline and no chance to set up an antenna in the rented room

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Mmm, the tallaght mast was gone at around 01:30 last night too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well now its Saturday evening and I cant even get into a game server anywhere, let alone get kicked when I get in.

messages like
    "This server is not for IBB customers at all" OK it really said low ping players not IBB customers, but thats the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 IDUBasher

Yep, is worst I've seen it, pings are flip flopping from good to bad by the second, bandwidth is all over the place, I've got extra hops to the servers I connect to and most frustrating of all I can't even login to Eve. I get about half way trough the auth and the damn thing just sits there for ages and does nothing. I know Eve is not the problem cos there's over 10,000 other players logged in. Tis a ****ing joke.

1.04kb upstream
    138kb down

what the hell is anyone meant to do with bitrates like those.

Just when you think things can't get worse, they do. :mad:

pingtrace23072259.jpg
    23july2315.jpg

took me nearly an hour to upload those images, kept getting 60second timeouts on ftp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

:-( god can iot get any worse !

what are they trying to prove !

Think I'm gonna have to live up to my nickname and bash that IDU, bash it real good :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Folks

All the phonecalls and emails to ibb are not going to fix this issue.

The network is currently in the hands of the most incompitent engineer's you could imagine.

When you add the most clueless technical helpdesk in the country, and absoloutley no capacity into the mix we're looking at the bigest joke of an ISP this country has ever seen.

Don't waste your time, where possible cancel your DD's and move on.
    If IBB is your only option try and get this escalated to senior mangment and stand your ground.

untill they hire clued in network engineer's this problem is going nowhere fast.

trust me.

ntlbell wrote:
    Folks

All the phonecalls and emails to ibb are not going to fix this issue.

The network is currently in the hands of the most incompitent engineer's you could imagine.

When you add the most clueless technical helpdesk in the country, and absoloutley no capacity into the mix we're looking at the bigest joke of an ISP this country has ever seen.

Don't waste your time, where possible cancel your DD's and move on.
    If IBB is your only option try and get this escalated to senior mangment and stand your ground.

untill they hire clued in network engineer's this problem is going nowhere fast.

trust me.

I agree with this !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

MY upload speed has gone to bollox with IBB Just before this I got 6mbps
    of an upload reading, but sadly its like this all the time lately. :mad:
    9asjzq.jpg

• Advertisement

copied from another post ! you all might conact comreg regardin thier charter and quering the complaince of IBB with thier licence!

http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/downloads/CC01.pdf thier charter !

and state in the heading of the email :- FOI 1997 Complaint about IBB and thier Telco licence!

query:- is the serivce provided by IBB withjin the licence they have been granted to the end user!

then state your compalint !!

they are required to respond within 2 days !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My ping was a pathetic 360+ on rented US servers, its now improved to a muscular 220.... :rolleyes:

This is REALLY peeing me off.....at least, the game I play is an older one where high pings are crap, but still playable with....I pity you poor souls trying to play BF2....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

As I've mentioned in another thread on IBB:
    Anyone ever notice that the advert they play while they have you on hold says there's no contract? Leaves you free to cancel DD whenever you feel too pissed off to continue waiting on hold, since they either have to accept the loss of €x a month or legal proceedings for false advertising, and I'm sure they're smart enough to realise which would be more damaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rkiver

I just did a random speed test....100kbps download. It is terrible, I have been getting that most of today.

Still bad last night. Got kicked from servers for high ping. Also when using team speak the lads were telling me I was breaking up a lot. That hasent happened before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

My problems seem to have been resolved.. I lost the plot yesterday on the phone and this seems to have been the key :)

And I mean totally lost the plot.. Totally..

Totally...

C:\Documents and Settings\>ping www.boards.ie -n 100

Pinging www.boards.ie [82.195.136.36] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=57
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 82.195.136.36:
    Packets: Sent = 28, Received = 28, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 13ms, Average = 8ms
    Control-C
    ^C

Thats nice but dont hold youre breath id say they just put you onto the honneymoon package again. Ive had it fixed and it lasted a day or 2 before it went bad again.

I tried to play a 1st-ib Clan match tonight look what it was like for me.

Clanpings.GIF
    So how is that 8 times faster than other BB according to there advertising? A ping of 240!
    AK47 was on eircom in Wexford in the back of beyonds with a ping of 32
    Ronoc was in tallaforina on NTL with a ping of 24.

Granted the average ping for that match was about 180-220 i got a good screen grap when i took it. I got kicked off the server onece so we had to admin the server and set the ping kicks to 250 and I managed to finish the game. But this did cause a little lag for other players as a result of me being. I am in danger of getting kicked of the clan as a result of my sub dial up pings and if this happens im canceling my DD for sure there is no point other wise me having BB IBB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

C:\Documents and Settings\>ping www.boards.ie -n 100

Pinging www.boards.ie [82.195.136.36] with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 82.195.136.36:
    Packets: Sent = 28, Received = 28, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 13ms, Average = 8ms

Thats the magic number if you are an IBB customer Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Once they clean up the chronic packet loss issue , system wide , the thruput on their network will drop dramatically and the service will improve and thats without a scintilla of extra bandwidth anywhere .

There is no point addressing congestion (which may not actually be congestion but resends and overhead caused by packet loss) until they sort the packet loss issue first as I explained to Powerhousedan.

JTG has proved that they are capable of doing so when put under 'pressure' :)

Anything higher than 1% packet loss is technically unacceptable at all times so make sure that your complaints to IBB and later to Comreg highlight packet loss from a continous ping like JTG did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i was sometimes getting pings of 150+ on iol playing cs but other times itd be fine. phoned them up to complain and stuff. then it occured to me that the times that it was bad were only after i had file sharing software running. try switching off your router for tens secs right before playing. my pings dropped to 45 or so and are always there now

Action being taken against IBB please read and mail !!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=283969

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭meelick

In an e-mail I just got from sales in IBB:

In relation to your query re: latency, our pre-sales technical consultant tells us that “our latency will be below 50ms with absolutely minimum packet loss”.

hmm...

Cheers,
    Dave.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Thats the magic number if you are an IBB customer Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Once they clean up the chronic packet loss issue , system wide , the thruput on their network will drop dramatically and the service will improve and thats without a scintilla of extra bandwidth anywhere .

There is no point addressing congestion (which may not actually be congestion but resends and overhead caused by packet loss) until they sort the packet loss issue first as I explained to Powerhousedan.

JTG has proved that they are capable of doing so when put under 'pressure' :)

Anything higher than 1% packet loss is technically unacceptable at all times so make sure that your complaints to IBB and later to Comreg highlight packet loss from a continous ping like JTG did.

I feel all warm inside now :D

meelick wrote:
    In an e-mail I just got from sales in IBB:

In relation to your query re: latency, our pre-sales technical consultant tells us that “our latency will be below 50ms with absolutely minimum packet loss”.

hmm...

Cheers,
    Dave.

Well thats what It should be. That is what it has been. and its what it can be again. Im uasually happy if I get a few mins where my ping is in double digits but thats rare. Its 3 digit numbers all the way for me.

Either all the IBB pepole are Offline this weekend or there issues have been sorted !!

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭todd10k

Sure, drapper.

*watches in amazement as satan ice skates past him on his way to work*

Mine seems to be going hairy again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

More like those who have been suffering problems made plans for the weekend
    that would not involve the stress of trying to play on line games .

• Advertisement

todd10k wrote:
    Sure, drapper.

*watches in amazement as satan ice skates past him on his way to work*

lol

Advertisement