Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"pings of 150 should be OK" according to IBB rep.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Clover wrote:
    ahh ok , the ntl service is just ok ?

d15 would not be a strong area for NTL but my pings are grand!

there is plenty of threads on it!

however, I've had 12 months of IBB hell so anything was better !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well 2 more nights of gaming and pings are maintaining the 80-120 levels witch it ok but not great. A new provlem has emerged now where the game freezes doe anything from 1 to 10 seconds for no aparent reason. No connection error messages just a freeze. It felt like a cpu or gpu hang but I think this problem is still related to the net connection as all was fine when I was in my brothers at the weekend on his eircom connection. I will be able to test this again at the weekend when I bring my PC back to his house and test it out again. The only other new thing ive done to the PC is install Zone alarm fire wall but I doubt that will do it. Any one else seen this or have any ideas. Im getting thses hangs on BFV and COD.

Well 2 more nights of gaming and pings are maintaining the 80-120 levels witch it ok but not great. A new provlem has emerged now where the game freezes doe anything from 1 to 10 seconds for no aparent reason. No connection error messages just a freeze. It felt like a cpu or gpu hang but I think this problem is still related to the net connection as all was fine when I was in my brothers at the weekend on his eircom connection. I will be able to test this again at the weekend when I bring my PC back to his house and test it out again. The only other new thing ive done to the PC is install Zone alarm fire wall but I doubt that will do it. Any one else seen this or have any ideas. Im getting thses hangs on BFV and COD.

propably lost packets! data brak of info being sent to the server! spoky try pingplotter and you can establish the amount of packets lost......... might be the problem

Well it turns out it was that zone alarm fire wall doing it. I turned it off last night and for 2 hours I had no provlems at all. I had it on while playing never winter nights and it seems to not affect that game but my fps games were hit by it.
    So thats just me gping blaiming IBB on everything again. After the rough ride ive had with they can ya blame me?

Well just as an update! Day time pings are in the 30-50ms range so thats all good and evening pings are in the 50-120 range, a bit more eratic but playable.
    Download speeds can go up to the 220 mark but uploads never get that high. Most time downloads are at the 100k mark though.

Getting any better for any one else?

• Advertisement

spooky I think I saw 20 ping on your connection ffs give IBB a bit of good press !!!

then again it was midnight!!

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

In fairness to em, things seem to be getting slightly better...

My pings are stable at less than 50ms to any server I use, download speeds are consistently over 150KB/sec and packet loss is not as severe..

It seems to be stabling out . I get great pings in the day time or at 12 am. But my pings are often over 120 in the eveings when every one is online playing games. Yeh it has gotten a lot better but its still not nice being the only person on a server pinging over 100. But this playable, dont get me wrong.

Advertisement