Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed for tongue peircing...

Options
  • 21-05-2005 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

ok so im getting my tongue peirced in like,4 days all booked up! but ive heard loads of storys some saying it heals up real quick, other people saying that its hard to stop it going septic, so..whats it actually like and how can i look after it please?? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

First of all dont believe everything you hear! The recommended healing time for a tongue is 2-3 months but that depends on weather you take care of it properly. If you smoke and drink alchol these will slow the healing process. When you get it done first its gonna swell up so u might only be able to eat soup for a few days but again this varies for person to person! Try to keep ice in you mouth for the first few days this should reduce the swelling some what! The place is probably gonna recommend sing mouth wash 3 times a day or something so stick with that!
    Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

The second and third days are the worst!
    I couln't talk at all I was in so much pain. It took mine about 3weeks until it wasn't really sore. It varies though.

And a worthwhile investment might I add!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dove112

thanks very much, bring on the pain!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 redredzer

Dove112 wrote:
    ok so im getting my tongue peirced in like,4 days all booked up! but ive heard loads of storys some saying it heals up real quick, other people saying that its hard to stop it going septic, so..whats it actually like and how can i look after it please?? :D

cool!! r u all excited! im getting mine done on the 26th of june.where u getting yrs done?? im really confused bout where to get mine done? like there is celestial ring, snake bite, bodyshock, miss fantaisa, metal morophsis?? and all the other little ones!
    im so excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dove112

well...i dont know what any of those things are that you mentioned!
    what are they!? im getting it just like, straight through the middle...
    in a place in chatham, called bobbys. good luck with yours!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

They're all places to get piercings done.

Personally recommend Metal Morphisis redredzer btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

snappieT wrote:
    They're all places to get piercings done.

Personally recommend Metal Morphisis redredzer btw.
    ooo,I don't! They tore the belly off me! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

I've had my tongue doen twice... a word of advice; never buy attachments from an unlicenced place no matter how much they say its real silver or if you think you can steralise it... i did in my oh so smart 19th year, took a reaction and my tongue actually went black.... not pretty, not smart and so not good for my then boyfriend!!

Advertisement