Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CustomPC.ie is online...

Options
  • 21-05-2005 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

..its almost done, but i have opened it up for inspection. anything wrong or doesnt look right gimme a shout please.

Let us know what you think, or if there's anything we forgot to include.

The conten will be almost doubled by sunday eveing as i have alot of stuff typed up, just not in website format right now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

cool, signing up now, hope this goes well (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

d, all manufacturers are chruning out cases which look different but offer the same features. The one thing that the P160 has, which the Kandalf was badly lacking is the removeable motherboard tray. It does make a massive difference, it has to be said. If it was without the removeable tray, it would prove difficult to work on. Also, the tray gives you oppertunity to hide wires out-of-view and helps you achieve a tidy-looking PC.

Bad spelling can be distracting when reading reviews.. nice site tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Deadly site. Good luck with its development.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You really need to put a link up. Alot of people will not bother typing the address into their browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Ciaran500 wrote:
    You really need to put a link up. Alot of people will not bother typing the address into their browser.
    theres one in his sig

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

But people like me miss that and don't go to the site >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

:eek: @ the laziness!

Should develop into a good site, nice work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

sweet...i likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Nice site, it should prove to be popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

looking good guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

erm... its not up yet! if still says its coming soon... did you take it off line or sumthin? i really wanna look at it :mad: is this the same for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Looks Good, Glad to see you made a good effort with the code. did you get the CSS from WP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

ah got it. i think mizzila saved the page nd wouldnt open it but IE does ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Thanks for the comments so far. Lots of stuff up 2morro night, so check back soon!!

As for spelling mistakes, apologies, i thought i had spell checked everything...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Just a little input. When your browsing the forums or anywhere on the site maybe if you could set it up that when you click on custompc.ie logo at top of each page, it brings you back to main page ala boards.ie. Minor detail I guess. Looking good. Congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Best way to spell check stuff is copy and paste the text into Word and let it sort it out.

On http://www.custompc.ie/reviews.php, you may want to include anchored links for easy browsing within the page to the different review categories. I would not have found COOLING REVIEWS for example if I had not scrolled down out of curiosity.

Apart from that good stuff! Its loading pretty slow on my ISDN here, is that a server issue? The images dont seem to be that large to cause the site to load slowly.

Also, get the lads on photoshoppage to sort you out with a decent logo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yeh it loads slow too on my 1meg connection too, may be a server issue??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

yeah, im noticing that too. i'll see how much i can reduce the images without reducing quality. The server is supposed to be in Dublin, hosted with blacknight so it shouldn't be slow..

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll be implementing those this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

While your still in the development stage, well i know your almost finished, but a cool feature would be if you could implement an RSS feed, to show activity on threads a member is involved in (say in the Past 24 hours), i would like to see this in boards.ie aswell but not to sure how likely it is of been implemented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Ciaran500 wrote:

its very true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

Cool site, nice job jammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

XFX AGP 6800GT http://www.custompc.ie/overclocking.php?id=2&page=1
    Warning: main(oc/2/left.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/custom00/domains/custompc.ie/public_html/overclocking.php on line 27

Warning: main(oc/2/left.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/custom00/domains/custompc.ie/public_html/overclocking.php on line 27

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'oc/2/left.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php/PEAR:/home/include/php') in /home/custom00/domains/custompc.ie/public_html/overclocking.php on line 27

Warning: main(oc/2/right.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/custom00/domains/custompc.ie/public_html/overclocking.php on line 28

Warning: main(oc/2/right.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/custom00/domains/custompc.ie/public_html/overclocking.php on line 28

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'oc/2/right.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php/PEAR:/home/include/php') in /home/custom00/domains/custompc.ie/public_html/overclocking.php on line 28

Warning: main(oc/2/1.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/custom00/domains/custompc.ie/public_html/overclocking.php on line 37

Warning: main(oc/2/1.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/custom00/domains/custompc.ie/public_html/overclocking.php on line 37

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'oc/2/1.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php/PEAR:/home/include/php') in /home/custom00/domains/custompc.ie/public_html/overclocking.php on line 37

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Hey the sites working ok here, using IE. Looks good. I was reading the review of the P160. I built a few of them when I worked for Elara. Maybe you might want to go into more detail on the scoring?
    IE:

Price ***
    Features: ****
    Looks: *****

and so on. Then give a over all rating like ye did at the end of the review. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bassybekx

I know its an old thread .. but any chance of custompc.ie delivery my monitor?

Advertisement