Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a multiplayer game?

Options
  • 21-05-2005 6:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

I plan on buying a a game for pc while I'm in the city tomorrow, but I am wanting a online multiplayer game, any ideas for a good one? I have the likes of counterstrike, far cry already and call of duty, does the united offensive add-on add much to the multiplayer side of cod? I guess i'd be mainly looking for a shooting game. Battlefield 1942 or Vietnam worth buying after all these years? Thanks for any help.. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

yeah am looking for one too, was thinking of BF Vietnam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

i always really liked the jedi outcast game online, but i dont think it's very popular.

might see some new people playing it because of ep3's release

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What about Unreal Tournament 2004?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

would be a good choice...if for red orchastra alone...but there are some other pretty cool mods for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

does the united offensive add-on add much to the multiplayer side of cod?

Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

id say counterstrike

jedi outcast isnt too popular i dont think, i was playing it the other day and the lag on most servers was horrible which put a few people off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

grimloch wrote:
    id say counterstrike

jedi outcast isnt too popular i dont think, i was playing it the other day and the lag on most servers was horrible which put a few people off

He already said he has counter strike. I would say if you dont have BF1942 to get it. I seen it for €40 with secret weapons of world war 2 and road to rome(add ons)Pretty good value imo. I also have to purchase Battlefield Vietnam but waiting for broadband to be installed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

petes wrote:
    He already said he has counter strike. I would say if you dont have BF1942 to get it. I seen it for €40 with secret weapons of world war 2 and road to rome(add ons)Pretty good value imo. I also have to purchase Battlefield Vietnam but waiting for broadband to be installed

oops sorry, missed the "have the" part of that sentence

id agree with battlefield vietnam then, only played it once or twice but thought it was deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

If you can wait a month go for battlefield 2. If ya cant wait BF Vietnam is a good choice with mods like POE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

www.moviebattles.com

based on jka engine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Acquire Call of Duty.
    Buy Call of Duty: United Offense. (15 euros)
    Download German Fron Mod and the patch for free.
    Sorted. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I guess i'd be mainly looking for a shooting game. Battlefield 1942 or Vietnam worth buying after all these years? Thanks for any help.. :)
    Don't buy these 2, as BattleField 2 is coming out in about a month. If you can wait till then, do it. Otherwise, get the former. BF42 rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

get an RTS Total Annihlation/SC/DoW .... lots of playing hours in them, usually can get much more longevity out of a good RTS vs fps too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

BF Vietnam is a blast Im still playing it, great fun, someone made the point that BF2 is very close thats true and it might be worth waiting for that exept im hearing that EA might be looking for you to pay a monthly charge for it (which is crazy) so Im a bit apprehensive

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Loobz wrote:
    Acquire Call of Duty.
    Buy Call of Duty: United Offense. (15 euros)
    Download German Fron Mod and the patch for free.
    Sorted. ;)

This is very good advise!! and for €15 you can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

i dont play bfv as much as i used to, but theres no denying its a class game, especially when yuo really get to know the classes, and get into flying hueys/planes. COD is fun but tbh sometines it can just be plain annoying, you feel shellshocked after palying it, theres just too mny god damn explosions and bangs and crap lol.
    But the best game still hasnt been mentioned, enemy territory. Its free!! Its an excellent class/objective based fps. Its a bit old, but better than 90% of the crap out there atm. You can download the full version (200mb) and latest patch from www.gamershell.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

where can you get UO for €15?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I got it in 'World of Wonder' toystore in the software department. ;)
    That was when it came out first. They probably made a profit selling it for 15, let alone 30 (cough, Gamestop, cough)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

No one play Tom Clancy's Raven Shield?
    I have CoD, Unreal 04 and BFV, and i still go back to Raven Shield everytime. It's class. Loads of extra level's as well. Should only cost about a tenner nowadays. That said, BFv, CoD and Unreal are all class games. You can't go wrong with any online game. Its fun regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

World of Warcraft :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Am seriously considering WOW. Prob is that I have not played any MMO games at all and am afraid I will be over my head.. and loose my life if I get addicted :/ which I know I will!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

horsefumbler are you posting the same thigs in differen t threads?

bold horsey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Have the following online games:
    CoD
    CoD: UO
    CS
    CS Source
    HL2 Deathmatch
    BF1942(Road to Rome and SWOWW2)
    BFV and all mods
    Enemy Territory

Game I play the most is 1942 and BFV.....but have really got into CoD:UO in the last few weeks.....have to get back into Enemy Territory

All games above are good with some difference between them all......BFV is class once you can fly the choppers!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nelly since you have CS and CSsource i assume you have steam,why ot download day of defeat also m8,its great fun.

Dcully wrote:
    Nelly since you have CS and CSsource i assume you have steam,why ot download day of defeat also m8,its great fun.

Haha....knew there was one I missed.....yeah have it downloaded but havent really got into it yet....everyone says its good alright.....have played a few times but usually only for an hour or so!! mite give it a blast tonite!!!! Just for a change!!!

was really waiting for new version of it but looks like BF2 and BF3 will be out before it :D

Any good servers out there? I usually just jump on one with best ping from in game menu!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

Can't beat Enemy Territory and it is for free after all...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any good servers out there? I usually just jump on one with best ping from in game menu!!

We have one on www.jarhedz.com always full with tonnes of Irish lads.
    Go to main page and servers ips on top right of screen.
    Im usually either on our CODUO or DOD servers.

Dcully wrote:
    We have one on www.jarhedz.com always full with tonnes of Irish lads.
    Go to main page and servers ips on top right of screen.
    Im usually either on our CODUO or DOD servers.

Was on for about an hour last nite....went for food and came back and server full!! feck!!! good enough game but I think it was you that mention the recoil in BFV was crap!(maybe not)! but it is way over the top here! any machine gun and fire 1-2 shots and your looking into the sky!

Still got a good few kills........lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jedi Outcast is a brilliant game....unfortunately I lost my disc, and I downloaded a rip, but the multiplayer isn't working in it.... :(

I find it hard to fork out full price for a game I already used to own but still, its such a great game....Multiplayer is fantastic!

Another great game online I think is Soldier of Fortune II. Great Teamplay. Bit like Counter Strike with uber realistic hit locations in comparison and lots of blood and gore.

All the previous suggestions are good though, BFV and BF1942 are great. Unreal Tourament 2003 and 2004 are worth a go, and even the original UT is worth a blast as well.

Tactical Ops is also a decent game, much like Counter Strike, and can be bought dirt cheap nowadays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement