Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

red diesel and car use.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

After reading this thread yesterday, i stopped in my local garage on the way home, it sells white diesel (car Diesel) for E103.9 and green (agri) for E59.9, thats a 44c per ltr difference, the shop keep told me that the difference in price is just the tax level, Can this be soooo, it seem's extreme to me

thats the only difference....

its easy to change the colour , but there is more to it than there... there are other chemicals in it , and as I understand it they can still be detected from the cars exhaust if needed....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

css wrote:
    It's tax evasion. C&E have scary powers, try blocking them and you end up in court quicker than you will even realise..
    Might take you a while to get to court as you could be walking , AFAIK they can confiscate your car on the spot and sell it off if found guilty and there is that thing about them not needing a warrant to enter a premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Well, in my 10ish years driving I never heard of a fuel check.
    But after reading that lot, I don't think I'd risk it. It seems that only once, being in the wrong place at the wrong time :eek: !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The thing is they don't make most of their busts from road checks, it's from squealers that ring the customs hotline and are then caught at home. These are often compounded with charges of keeping MGO in non marked tanks. Thats another €1270 fine.

Advertisement