Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bb upload

• 21-05-2005 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

I Just installed broadband at home and in work. However, I am getting a digital video surveillance system for work. This will allow me to log on to the system at home and check the business cameras, at night for example. However, I am only using eircom's home package. The upload is 128k.

What company's product will give me a higher upload? I would need 512k, probably to be able to upload video.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Decent guide to what you need.

Ntl may be your best bet for price other than that its buisness class products.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

check the location. <
    (bogland)
    Ntl are just not available to the vast majority of people. Broadband just came to where I live last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Isn't IBB symetrical also?

Where exactly in bogland are you living?

Moate, co. westmeath.
    Eircom-based DSl is the only option(UTV/esat)
    I would even take 128 down if I got 512+ up

How far apart are Home and Work?

Wireless network maybe be an option, you could try testing it out, i have eh streamed live tv to someone in Dublin and it was watchable for them (i have 1mb eircom)

But dont think you would need the same quality as a football match :D

kdjac

• Advertisement

no wireless network is not an option for various reasons. (insecure, too far away etc.)
    What isps offer good cheap upload speeds?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95197

All upload pretty much the sames (its the same product being resold)

All offers in that link.

kdjac

Advertisement