Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband + Azureus

• 21-05-2005 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello - Just want to know if anyone has any idea how to open ports on the Eircom Netopia 3347WG Modem. I want to download things with Azureus but my modem won't let it through!! I've opened the ports on my computer fine. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭digiman

Would also like to know this. I'm constantly getting a yellow light and slow speeds on any of the bit torrent apps that I have tried. I have tried azureus, bit tornado, burst and another one that I can't think of right now.

Well I got the green light on for azureus. This is how I managed to configure it:

1: Open a browser and enter this address http://192.168.1.254/
    2: Go to expert mode and click on Yes, enter expert mode.
    3: Click on Configure, then Advanced and then NAT.
    4: Click on Define Custom Service.
    5: Click on Port Forwarding: Range of ports, then click Next
    6: Give it any name you want.
    7: Select the port that you want to open. I was opening ports for torrents, so for Global Port Range I selected 6881 - 6881 and the base host port as 6881.
    8: I then clicked on TCP and click next.
    Note: I repeated this for each port in the range 6881 - 6889. This may not be necessary, but my downloads are now good, with the green light.
    9: After this you have to click on Static NAT and enable it.
    10: I then went back to basic mode and went to the firewall menu. I clicked low on this and finally save the changes.

You should now be able to get a green light on your downloads. I have the green light now on both azureus and bit tornado

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The way I did it with the same router was through pinholing.

1) Open a DOS prompt, and type ipconfig, hit enter.
    2) Get the Gateway IP address (it should end in .254) and enter it into a browser window
    3) In the side navigator bar, click Expert Mode, and hit ok when warned.
    4) Click Configure.
    5) Click Advanced (near the bottom of the page).
    6) In the table marked NAT, go to Pinholes.
    7) Click Add.
    8) Give the Pinhole a name (I suggest BitTorrent).
    9) Set the External Port Start to 6881, and External Port End to 6889.
    10) Set the Internal IP Address to your current IP address (the same as the gateway IP, changing .254 to .1).
    11) Set the Internal Port to 6881.
    12) Click Submit.
    13) Click the yellow Alert button in the top right.
    14) Hit Save and Restart. The router will switch itself off and on again. It will take a few minutes for it to re-sync, and the page will refresh when it is ready.
    15) Open Azureus, and begin the downloads. If you still have problems, enter the configuration and disable the UPnP plugin.
    16) Enjoy the smiley green faces as you look at downloads flow.

Source: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1834810&postcount=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 brenzer

The first attempt seems to be the same router as mine but I'm having no luck. When I go into Static NAT to enable it it doesnt bring up any IP address or anything to choose! I've done all the other stuff like picking the ports and dropping the firewall down.
    The second attempt seems to be a different modem cause there's no pinholes mentioned on any of the screens. Any ideas??
    Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

15) Open Azureus, and begin the downloads. If you still have problems, enter the configuration and disable the UPnP plugin.

That was what I didn't see until now. thanks so very much

• Advertisement

brenzer wrote:
    The first attempt seems to be the same router as mine but I'm having no luck. When I go into Static NAT to enable it it doesnt bring up any IP address or anything to choose! I've done all the other stuff like picking the ports and dropping the firewall down.
    The second attempt seems to be a different modem cause there's no pinholes mentioned on any of the screens. Any ideas??
    Thanks again

When I got to this menu the option it gave me to select was the name that I gave my computer, it wasn't an actual IP address. Hope that helps.

Advertisement