Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ric Flair The Real True Legend !

• 21-05-2005 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

We can all talk about Hulk Hogan as a legend and I like Hogan, but as a fan for 21 years I feel I have a point to make, and far as I see it Ric Flair the Legend.

He has wrestled longer, used to wrestle on christmas days, Easter days, family birthdays, even when his own children were born he was wrestling. He wrestled more times then there was days in a year.

He has held more titles than Hogan this 16 times world champion is not true it's 19, and that's just the world titles? Everytime he did an interview they were always interesting and had fans griped to see what he was going to say, he is far far better a wrestler then Hogan ever was.

And how can we for get he is king of the 60 minute matches, how many 60 minute matches have we seen Hogan in?

Even at 56, he is still going where Hogan at 51 has a hip replacement and had his knee replaced and comes back to give the fans now and then a walk down memoire lane, flex his 24 inch biceps (more like 19) and disappears for a year or two.

Love or hate Flair he is the true legend and is still going to day, how many people do you know would take a back flip at 56 after breaking your back in 3 places when they were in their 20's?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Flair's nothing on Hogan. Even Flair has acknowledged this. Hogan was so big he transcended the industry. Flair is a legend in wrestling but Hogan was an 80's icon.

He kisses Triple H's ass a little too much as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Exactly without Hogan there would be no business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭maxtrax

lol without Vince McMahon there be no business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Both are legends, no one can doubt that. Flair was the beter wrestler, while Hogan was by far the better personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I only happened to read these comments that Bret Hart made a while ago about Ric Flair: http://www.brethart.com/comments.asp

I always thought Flair was a great wrestler, one of the best matches I've ever seen was him vs Steamboat. But Bret's comments sort of make you think twice about some things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    I only happened to read these comments that Bret Hart made a while ago about Ric Flair: http://www.brethart.com/comments.asp

I always thought Flair was a great wrestler, one of the best matches I've ever seen was him vs Steamboat. But Bret's comments sort of make you think twice about some things

I respect Bret alot but I don't agree with everything he says in that article. What's wrong with being a "routine" guy? So Flair does his comedic delayed fall, getting thrown off the top rope etc. It's no different than Chris Benoit hitting the triple German Suplexes and doing the headbutt and Bret has praised Benoit many times. That is his "routine". Also, he knocks the chops but Benoit uses them as well and I think chops are a good addition to a wrestling match and get the fans involved. I think Flair is lacking in ring psychology when compared to guys like Bret but some of the criticism in the above article is unfair in my view.

I do however agree with Bret's comments on Flair's backstage attitude and that Flair's comments about Owen were out of order.

Advertisement