Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The legend of zelda: twilight princess interests me the most as well as Nintendogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Zelda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Zelda, Full Auto and Prey.

Zelda for obvious reaons, Full Auto looks fun and Prey looks like one of the best FPS games in a long time.

3 consoles wowed me but realisticaly Rev be the one i buy unless the others are sub 300 blips on release. Have a decent PC so others showed me nothing worth getting the console to play. Altho Full Auto looks fun its not a game i would just buy a console to play.

Overall little disappointed by E3 :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

any sign of nukem this year? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tman wrote:
    any sign of nukem this year? :p
    lol
    bet ya

no chance :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

From E3... Zelda tops my list as well as the advent of the new consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

sonic cd and sonic the fiighters being released on gamecube (and hopefully ps2 etc later) tops my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Okami (PS2) was the game of the show. If you know nothing about it, look it up. amazing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

L5 wrote:
    Okami (PS2) was the game of the show. If you know nothing about it, look it up. amazing stuff

Looks very strange. I'm most looking forward to Prey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Call of duty 2
    Battlefield 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Zelda. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Ditto with Zelda. What was the game on the Ps3 that I saw a video for.. it was an army thing, explosions everywhere, looked really really good whatever it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Berger wrote:
    Ditto with Zelda. What was the game on the Ps3 that I saw a video for.. it was an army thing, explosions everywhere, looked really really good whatever it was.

Killzone 2? There were soldiers on a bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

What I saw of Spore was still incredible. Although not a whole lot that hadn't been seen before E3. Still by far the most interesting game around at the moment in my opinion.

Although MGS4 had to be the best trailer of any E3 ever. Classic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

a few things, Nintendogs is now a must have, and probably Electroplankton too.
    I will probably be getting an 360, so Ghost Recon 3, Dead Rising (or whatever that zombie game was) and maybe one or two others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Thought nintendogs looked interesting too, like tomagochi only...well a lot better!
    But yeah... Zelda all the way. Can't wait to play that game.

Was really disappointed with the Revolution... no games, nothing! Just a black box and that was it. Nice that it is no bigger than 3 dvd cases and am interested in the backwards capability of it. But once again, Nintendo are behind the rest.

IMHO i think that the leader of the pack was Sony. But we will see how it all works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Yeah the PS3 looks promising. The Killzone2 video did look great, but I don't believe that's released till Q4 2006. At this early stage I'm not going to get very excited over some CG promos. I remember I got all excited about The Getaway graphics when the PS2 was new. It turned out the early screenshots were actually photographs of London!!

So I now find it hard to form an opinion from pre-release games. Especially after Halo2 which shamelessly let hype build up about something that was never in the game. And now they're making Halo3 with what should have been in Halo2.

Since before E3 I've been mostly anticipating F.E.A.R. and CoD2.

what was hyped up about halo 2 that wasnt in it?

All the pre-release videos were about a mass covenant invasion of earth. The "invasion" turned out to be 1 or 2 levels at the start of the game. I was expecting an epic battle to save earth. How does Halo2 end? - with the prelude to an epic battle on Earth.

ahh true true...i understand...i sometimes wonder what each fps will donate when i decide to make te
    he greatest fps ever by combining all the best things of each...simply put the only thing coming from the halo franchise will be the grenade system.

but back on topic. E3...no surprises...but i am partly disapointed with Sega's offerings...actually i've been disapointed with them alot lately.

• Advertisement

Halo - nades and rockets
    CoD - cinematic sound, multiplayer
    Chronicles of Riddick - hand-to-hand combat, mech soldiers
    Goldeneye - as much a possible
    Perfect Dark - laptop gun
    Timesplitters - dual miniguns
    Red Faction - stuff falling apart
    Duke Nukem - tits & ass, character personality (sound bites when something cool happens)

What a game!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

speaking of Zelda go to http://www.fileplanet.com and download the 780 meg special video on the new Zelda game. It looks pretty sweet. completely owns you monthly cap tho :D

PS: Uncapped 4-meg line for €70 a year for teh winz0r :D :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

cregser wrote:
    Halo - nades and rockets
    CoD - cinematic sound, multiplayer
    Chronicles of Riddick - hand-to-hand combat, mech soldiers
    Goldeneye - as much a possible
    Perfect Dark - laptop gun
    Timesplitters - dual miniguns
    Red Faction - stuff falling apart
    Duke Nukem - tits & ass, character personality (sound bites when something cool happens)

What a game!
    You forgot
    Postal 2: the ability to pee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    but back on topic. E3...no surprises...but i am partly disapointed with Sega's offerings...actually i've been disapointed with them alot lately.

I was hoping they would show a panzer dragoon game.

that is it!

retro your no longer allowed post on the same topic as me! We both think too much of panzer dragoon! Even the mention of it puts me in the mood to load up Zwei and try and reach my ultimate form.

DAMN YOU!

DAMN YOOOOOOOOU!

Well if it makes you better I'm doing a report on the (pitiful amount of) work I've done for the year, which decides if I get paid next year and you are keeping me away from doing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

crash_000 wrote:
    You forgot
    Postal 2: the ability to pee.
    ...and the shovel, satisfying sound

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Well if it makes you better I'm doing a report on the (pitiful amount of) work I've done for the year, which decides if I get paid next year and you are keeping me away from doing it :)

Well i've been up since 7am trying to write an assignment (so i can get a job to be paid) and all i have written is six letters...SIX LETTERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Zelda is top of my list tbh!
    Okami looks sweet!
    ds viewtiful joe, meteos, nintendogs, electroplankton, another code, mario kart, metroid hunters, advance wars..... DS has some great games comin its way.

cant see myself gettin too many xbox games this year. ill get gta:sa, conker live and reloaded but theres not a lot else comin.

ps2 as i said okami is a must have, god of war.... not a lot else there either

GC ill get killer 7 definitely and zelda(duh), possibly fire emblem too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement