Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: Instrumental Pieces from 'Lost' (**SPOILERS**)

• 21-05-2005 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

'Lost' has produced some truly amazing pieces of instrumental music.

So.. after finding out a 'Lost' soundtrack album hadn't been planned.. i'd to do my best to capture these pieces of music myself from the episodes.

Below is the couple i have captured. Starting with my favourite and descending.

A warning to anyone not up to the airings in the US: some contain small snippets of dialogue and some contain large chunks. Best to avoid listening to them for now anyways!

( ** MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW ** )

Anyways.. here they are:

- Jack / Death Theme - an amazing very sad piece of music used
    when the group were all welcoming Claire and her baby back onto the beach, and when Jack had to tell Shannon about Boone's death. Also used when Jack tried to revive Charlie after being found hanged from a tree.

- Raft Instrumental - an amazing piece to end Part 1 of the season finale on. Very uplifting piece of music which
    saw the raft setting sail from the island

- Locke's Theme - some of Locke's theme with a lot of quite spoiler-heavy dialogue from 'Deux Ex Machina'

- Hill Climb Theme - an exciting piece of music used in the pilot when
    a couple of the group are climbing a hill to try and use the transciever

- Charlie & Claire Theme - think i captured this for someone in a Lost Forum - can't even remember doing it! Enjoy anyways!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Cheers basquille, there really is some lovely music in Lost, its a pity they aren't going to bring out a soundtrack, There has been music from Damien Rice in it as well. Loved that part where Hurleys walkman finally dies on him when he was listening to "Delicate" , I think it was. What other artists have been in Lost? It would be a good idea to get a list of all the music that has been played through the series so far. We could possibly make up our own compilations of songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They have a list of the songs used in each episode on the Official ABC website.. but i think they stopped updating it a while back.

The three songs that really stick out in my mind as amazing songs are:

- Damien Rice - 'Delicate' - used at the end of '...In Translation' where Hurley is listen to his CD Player on the beach and it dies!

- Blind Boys Of Alabama 'You Shall Not Walk Alone' - used at the end of 'Confidence Man' where
    Sayid is setting off from the group as he is ashamed of torturing Sawyer, Claire and Charlie make their way to the caves and Sawyer almost burns his letter

- Joe Purdy 'Walk Away' - loved this at the end of 'Tabula Rasa' as a tune which shows all the group making the best of the situation they're in.
    Among these, it shows Michael coming back to Walt with Vincent, Sayid throwing an apple to Sawyer to settle the differences they had in the pilot with the fight, Boone giving Shannon sunglasses (i think). And ends with a focus on Locke with his eyes fixed on the group.

Actually.. i just thought of something.. you ever notice in 'Lost' that a lot of episodes end on showing the face of a character and the next episode will be that character's flashback episode.

Example from two episodes mentioned above:
    - 'Tabula Rasa' shows Locke's face at the end... the next episode is the first Locke centric episode (and amazing!) 'Walkabout'
    - '...In Translation' shows Hurley's CD Player dying at the end and him saying "Son of a bitch!")... and the next episode is the Hurley centric episode 'Numbers'

Never occured on me til now... anyone else think of this?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Thanks Basquille, theres some good strong music in Lost. My favourite is Jacks Theme. I just noticed there that the guy who does the music for Lost did the music for the game Mercenaries, which is one of the few games I've ever played with memorable music.

Kazaanova wrote:
    Thanks Basquille, theres some good strong music in Lost. My favourite is Jacks Theme. I just noticed there that the guy who does the music for Lost did the music for the game Mercenaries, which is one of the few games I've ever played with memorable music.
    Yep... Jack's Theme is amazing! Heart-wrenching stuff when you recall the scenes it's taken from!

I would actually somewhat encourage even new fans of 'Lost' to download that particular track. I'm pretty sure i recall cutting it off before any dialogue started and it really is a beautiful piece!

Can't say i ever played Mercenaries... the only composer i really know and appreciate is Danny Elfman (done some amazing stuff!). And also Mark Isham is brillant also... particularly his stuff in the new film 'Crash'. Excellent film with an excellent score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 banessi

I just came of a 4 day bender of watching all 33 episodes (15 on New Year's day). After wondering just why my wife loved this show so much, I'm (obviosly) now totally hooked. First thing I did was to try and go to buy a soundtrack for it, like so many before, was shocked that there wasn't one.

I found this page

http://www.talkstink.com/archives/2005/10/15/the-unauthorized-lost-soundtrack/

and it had the following link:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=9ieyoflR*K8&offerid=78941.462651009&type=10&subid=

This takes you to an iTunes unofficial collection but nothing official and definitely none of the score.

My email is blair.anessi@comcast.net if you are able to post or send these mp3s to me. Thanks for making them either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Hi basquille,

Thanks for the links, but they don't seem to be working for me. I tried doing "save link as" but no joy either. Tried with both Firefox and IE. Any tips? :(

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Hi basquille,

Thanks for the links, but they don't seem to be working for me. I tried doing "save link as" but no joy either. Tried with both Firefox and IE. Any tips? :(

Thanks

Well, these links are about 6 months old, so they're not going to last forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Crap, just saw the dates. To my PM box...

Got a couple of PM's regarding reposting up the Lost Instrumental Pieces..

Unfortunately, i regret to inform you that i WON'T be putting them back on my webspace based on 2 factors:

(a) i don't even have the MP3's anymore (apart from the excellent Jack's Theme).
    (b) i don't particularly feel safe having MP3's (though not specifically copyrighted) on my public Eircom webspace.

Sorry for those who wanted them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i can get and put them online for people, but only with steveland?'s approval.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Someone posted a site before with them all. Can't remember the link but I'll have a look.

[EDIT] Think this was it, http://www.losthatch.com/soundtrack.aspx

Advertisement