Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More merging of threads?

Options
  • 21-05-2005 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

There's been 3 "quotes" threads in as many months. Would make for easier reading if Mods merged more? ;)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I like to merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What are you talking about Pullmyfinger!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Made a mess of the links there, will show ya later

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

One is in Afterhours and one is in Prime Time Cartoons. The third is the same as the second. What's the problem with them?

• Advertisement

As I said, made a mess of the links ;)

Here

Here

and here illustrates it better. Would make for easier reading if they were merged IMHO. You dont see alot of Mods merging on Boards for some reason.

Not an attack. Keep up the good work etc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You dont see alot of Mods merging on Boards for some reason.

We were scared off after the "Amzezil incident".

Eh? :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

He's talking about Mods merging. Admins merge more often, but the power of Vecksorg is only to be used sparingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Shazaam!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

off topic/ ecksors post count has gone back to 0? it was 7,000 the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

off topic/ ecksors post count has gone back to 0? it was 7,000 the other day
    Slightly off topic but still some what related.

I know i've said it before but I'm gonna suggest it again. well, its like this. I believe the cake/pie forum should be fused with my chocolate/sweets/crisps forum. Woos and I had been in agreement over this before so I'm sure he won't mind now.

Anyway, wouldn't it make more sense to merge them together and call em confectionary... perhaps placing it under food/drink? It does make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As I said, made a mess of the links ;)

Here

Here

and here illustrates it better. Would make for easier reading if they were merged IMHO. You dont see alot of Mods merging on Boards for some reason.

Not an attack. Keep up the good work etc

The second two ended a while before the first one. I only make a habit of merging threads when two identical threads appear pretty close together. You'd have to go back and search to find the second two quotes threads.

Again, Im not having a moan, I just think all (for example) "funniest film" threads should be merged for easier more complete reading. Even if they go back over a year, if the theme is common (and the thoughts are still reletive) they should be merged IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Even if they go back over a year, if the theme is common (and the thoughts are still reletive) they should be merged IMHO

Some threads naturally reoccur over time. For example, the Games forum has a regular "What game are you playing now thread" that pops up now and then. I'm not going to search back for all previous versions of these threads and merge them. Boards is a big place and there will be similar threads but the posters and content will be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Again, Im not having a moan, I just think all (for example) "funniest film" threads should be merged for easier more complete reading. Even if they go back over a year, if the theme is common (and the thoughts are still reletive) they should be merged IMHO
    Yeah - because i see a thread that goes on for 23 pages before i even click it and MAN do i want to read and post on that sucker.

...thats a no.

Advertisement