Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wouhou

Options
  • 21-05-2005 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

I got my first car!!A 95 punto yay!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Congrats! Happy motoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Im so excited !But kinda scared , Im a bit worried about the 1st day going it alone but im sure I`ll be grand , hey is there much of a difference or any for insurance on a 1.1 as opposed to a 1.o because all my quotes were for a micra because thats what i was meant to be getting but then wouhou I got the punto.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Im so excited !But kinda scared , Im a bit worried about the 1st day going it alone but im sure I`ll be grand , hey is there much of a difference or any for insurance on a 1.1 as opposed to a 1.o because all my quotes were for a micra because thats what i was meant to be getting but then wouhou I got the punto.

You have a full licence?

Judging by your post I get the impression you are new to driving.

Only words of wisdom I have:

Take your time.

Nope my first provisional and im a girl quinn direct quoted me some where in the region of 1100 for a 91 1.0 micra and axa 1300 I think it was .I havent gotten around to phoning insurance companies for the punto yet , I rather ring them than do the online quotes .
    Hey I was just wondering I remember when punto`s a few years ago were all hyped because of this girly button or something , is this to make the steering lighter ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

I suggest you stay away from quinn, shower of bastards. Yes there was a substantial difference in the quote I got between a 1.0 and 1.1, but I think thats because I'm only 17. Still aprox 100cc doesn't make much of a difference. Congrats on your purchase and keep it between the ditches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The girlie button is only available on the MkII Punto from 1999 onwards. It is supposed to make the steering lighter for parking.

With your lack of NCB and driving experience I wouldn't bother with online quotes as they tend to disgard you at the first page saying you need x number of years with a full license or x number of years NCB before you can proceed. Best to get the goldenpages out and start ringing around everyplace to see what is the best quote, but remember different insurance companies have different policies so the cheapest quote is not always the best.

Best of luck with the new motor.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Advertisement