Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you Photoshop?

Options
  • 21-05-2005 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

I've always wanted to alter images but never got around to it. In other words I don't know how. Can anyone tell me how and what is required. Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Eh.....something a little more specfic would help.
    The only thing I can really say is look for tutorials on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The think that normally puts me off is you need photoshop. And it's not free. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

You don't need photoshop. You can use any image editing program eg. the GIMP. Probably best to look at some tutorials and just practice. But what am I saying, I'm not that good at it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Cut up physical pictures, arrange em the way you want em viewed, scan em and save!

Now THATS cheap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Sweet wrote:
    I've always wanted to alter images but never got around to it. In other words I don't know how. Can anyone tell me how and what is required. Thanks :D

There are literllly hundreds of things you can do in photoshop so you're going to have to be more specific if you want help with anything in particuar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Basically you need an image editing program that has:
    *good copy and past tools
    *Lots of colours and colour functions
    *Blur effects

I use paintshop pro, but I admit to being crap.

Get a pic you want to edit, copy what you want into it from another pic (be sure to make the copy as clean as possible). Match the colours and then blur away any imperfections.

Thats the basics, then we move onto layers, Transperancy, Lighting, Vectors etc

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Came across the other day. It`s like a scaled down Photoshop and its free.

http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/

Advertisement