Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PortForwarding: APACHE

Options
  • 21-05-2005 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Help!
    I recently downloaded phpdev (inc. Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl), and installed it, so I can play around with a few things. I've got it all sorted (eventually), and can see everything through localhost.

To enable outsiders to see, I forwarded port 80 on my Buffalo WBR-G54 Router, which is connected via a briged ZyXEL Prestige 600 Series Modem.
    However, when it comes to actually typing my IP into the address bar, it brings me to the login screen of the router. I don't really see what I'm doing wrong. It is meant to be port 80, isn't it?

Screenshot of router's NAT below. 192.168.11.4 is the laptop that I'm trying to get this to work on first, 192.168.11.5 is the server. And FYI, the BitTorrent is for downloading Linux ISOs.
    forwarding.jpg

Thanks in advance,
    snappieT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are you typing in the IP address of the router or your external IP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

For the WAN IP, the router automatically selects the current WAN IP (I love Dynamic IP!)

And the internal IP is 192.168.11.4, my laptop.

OK, but when you try to access the site via your browser, which IP address are you using?

Posting my IP on the internet? Is that really smart?

OK, it's setup to be on ... - currently on ...

Thanks.

Seems to be working for me.

Getting "You do not have permission to access / on this server" (It's an Http error, but it means your port forwarding is working.

It probably doesn't work because you're inside the router.

• Advertisement

Oh, great.

Thanks V. Much Seamus.

PS: If you go to ... , do you get an actual page?

Not really.
    Whatever way you have your server set up, it think it's localhost, not snapscan1212p.myvnc.com. So it's doing something that's making my machine try to access a page on localhost (i.e. my machine).

Oh, OK. Will work on it. Thanks again!

snappieT

Advertisement