Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom VoIP pricing anomoly

Options
  • 21-05-2005 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

eircom’s new talktime anytime package includes unlimited calls to geographic VoIP numbers. On the other hand, calls to 076 xnn nnnn VoIP numbers (even where x = 6) are charged as additional items on top of the monthly subscription!

medO

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

* Unlimited calls to any landline in Ireland (including Northern Ireland).
    * Line rental included.
    * 5 percent discount on calls to Irish mobiles anytime.
    * 10c per minute Calls to Britain, USA and Canada for anytime.
    * 20 per cent discount on all other International calls anytime.
    * 10 per cent discount on International mobiles anytime.
    * eircom mailbox.

Now a 076 number is classed as a local call so maybe that has something to do with it, but I've never seen a 076 number reffered to as a "landline".
    Can't see any mention of 076 numbers,

I'd phone Eircom to get a answer from them but their talking menu system pisses me off too much. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭medO

Cabaal wrote:
    * Unlimited calls to any landline in Ireland (including Northern Ireland).
    * Line rental included.

I'd phone Eircom to get a answer from them but their talking menu system pisses me off too much. ;)
    The devil’s in the detail…

Please see the “Telecommunications (Amendment) (No 8) Scheme 2005”
    Section 4
    Part 2
    Page 6
    Look for the red ink
    “eircom Talk Time excluded calls”
    (look for the red “ink”)
    http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/pending.pdf

or search for the third occurrence of “076” in the pdf

>>>“I'd phone Eircom to get a answer from them but their talking menu system pisses me off too much”

Welcome to the club. The ESB’s 1-850 372 372 is even worse. Timewasting layers of options. They make no reference to the appropriate options on their bill forcing one to listen to everything, every time.

Not that I am trying to bash this technology. In other countries I have come across cases where one can call a single national number for a retail chain. Say the name of the branch. Then say the name of the department. And get connected immediately to the guy on the shop floor responsible for the section (who is carrying a DECT terminal) and find out if he has any 12-14 cm new season Spanish asparagus in stock.

One can be driving down the motorway and not even know where the nearest branch of the retailer is. Just name a town in the vicinity and the system will tell you that the company has no outlet in town A – the nearest location to you is in town B – 7km NW via N234.

medO

Advertisement