Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuji Finepix S5500 at City Cameras Dawson St

• 21-05-2005 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

City Cameras on Dawson St. are selling this excellent camera (I have one) for €299. It's €399 everywhere else. Even pixmania only does it for €270 plus delivery, but for the personal service of visiting an actual bricks-and-mortar shop it's well worth the extra couple of Euro.

http://www.citycameras.ie/digital.html

Edited to note that Pixels on Liffey St have the same camera at the same price on their website.

Perhaps the high street is starting to take the online competition seriously?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

hmm really good camera. very tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sarsfield wrote:
    Perhaps the high street is starting to take the online competition seriously?
    They are going to have to, cameras are usually a rip-off in shops, my mate went and got one in the sony centre €530 saw it new on ebay for €300.

I would still prefer the cash saving and the extra years warranty that pixmania give you than the "personal service", plus you have to go into town to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Camera shops in cork are looking for 60 euro for a 128mb SD card. Do the even know the price of stuff in the real world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

PC world in Limerick are charging 49 I think for 128 sd , Dixons the same .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Peats of Parnell St. are doing 256Mb xD cards for €50 (yes - Peats and Yes €50!). €70 or more everywhere else

Still doesn't compare to online prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

Have a look here http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/technical/refurb/detail.php?id=49
    Its a fuji refurbished with 6 mths guarantee, A few others on the site too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Sarsfield wrote:
    Peats of Parnell St. are doing 256Mb xD cards for €40 (yes - Peats and Yes €40!). €70 or more everywhere else

Still doesn't compare to online prices.

Whoops! Its actually €50 in Peats. Apologies for the error!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

Dabs.com do it now for £182.23 which is approx €263 ex delivery (approx €15), so in total €278 inc delivery & vat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

it's 299 in jessops near the molly mallone statue too, it's where i got mine. Fantastic camera, delighted with it.

[edit]
    oh and they gave me a big pack of free batteries and a camera case for half price too (:
    [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

jonski wrote:
    PC world in Limerick are charging 49 I think for 128 sd , Dixons the same .
    its 44.99 for a 256MB

the camera has been 299 for weeks in PC World. Picked one up myself in middle of june. Quality camera

• Advertisement
Advertisement